I Did Nothing Wrong

Draco's POV

After another week, I think the school has started to notice something off about me.

I've stopped talking unless necessary, and if I see Potter I turn the other way. Even Weasel has started to notice, shooting me glances. One little Hufflepuff first year named Conner Levaly even tried to be my friend to make be feel better. Bloody Hufflepuffs. I felt bad when Pansy shooed him away.

"Mr. Malfoy! Your assignment isn't going to write itself!" Umbridge calls from the front of the silent Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom.

I snap out of my daze, picking up my quill. I glance up at the chalkboard, reading the fancy scrawl.

Assignment: Are vampires evil?

2 pages written

Two pages to debate whether vampires are evil or not? Merlin, this woman is going to be the death of me.

Fifteen minutes later I have half a page of useless words written down on the yellow-ish parchment. I shake my head. My writing is almost impossible to read due to my shaking hand.

"Professor?" I ask quietly.

"Yes, Mr. Mafloy?" Umbridge replies with a forced smile.

"May I go to the restroom?"

Her eyes narrow. "No. There is only half an hour left of class."

"May I go to the restroom?" I ask again, more defiantly.

"Silence! My answer is no, Mr. Malfoy! Do you need it emblazoned onto your forehead?"

"May I go to the restroom."

"Enough out of you! I will asked for silence!"

With a sigh, I return to my assignment. Once class finally finishes up, I head towards to boy's bathrooms. Stupid Umbridge and her stupid silence.

I'm flushing the toilet when I hear the familiar, shrieking voice of Umbit-bridge echo through the castle.

"Students! There has been a vampire attack in the school! Everyone go to the nearest lockable room!"

A set of footsteps enter the bathroom with me, and I hear them whisper a locking spell. Sh*t! I'm trapped!

Then it hits me. Potter's scent flows throughout the room, making my slump against the wall of my stall, my robes making a small rustling noise.

"Who's there?" The voice of Harry f*cking Potter fills the room.

"Just me, Scarhead," I call through gritted teeth, and I hear him groan.

"Just my luck," He mumbles.

Ten minutes later, I'm still in the stall, unable to move. My survival instinct to attach myself to Potter's neck seems to take over my body, and I'm barely able to combat it. Thank Merlin Potter is on the other side of my stall door.

"Are you going to hide in your stall the whole time, Malfoy?" Potter asks in a challenging tone, and he unlocks my door, hoping to catch me in an embarrassing position.

When Potter's head pops into my vision I feel my brain shut off. His emerald green eyes and forever messy black hair. The strong jawline and start of stubble from not shaving in a few days. Salazar, I'm screwed.

I close my eyes and sigh loudly, and I hear a gasp. I open my eyes to see Potter's eyes widened and... scared? Then I realize it. He saw my fangs when I sighed! Oh Merlin!

"You!" Potter shouts. "You're the vampire!"

"P-ple-ase Potter!" I stutter. "L-l-list-ten to me! P-please!"

"You monster!" Potter spits in my face, shutting the door to my stall forcefully.

I hear him leave the room, locking me inside. F*ck! What am I going to do! They're going to kill me!

After what feels like hours alone with my self-deprecating thoughts someone bursts into the bathroom, followed by a bunch more footsteps. Sh*t, sh*t, sh*t.

They open the door to my stall, and I look up to see the grinning face of Professor Umbridge. Behind her is the angry face of Potter, a shocked Weasel, and a worried looking Granger. Next to the Golden Trio is Professor McGonagall, her expression unreadable. I'm so dead.

"You'll be coming with us Mr. Malfoy," Umbridge says, using her wand to make me walk with her and the others out of the bathroom.

As we walk to Merlin knows where stares and whispers follow. Soon we arrive at the Hospital Wing and Potter and his friends are sent off. Once we are inside I immediately notice a new addition. A glass cage?!

"Due to your parental situation, the Ministry has decided that it is safest to keep you here," Umbridge explains, and my jaw drops.

"Dolores, it isn't right to put a student in a cage! Honestly! There must be an explanation!" McGonagall says, but Umbridge cuts her off.

"The Ministry has decided. That is final," The toad-like woman replies, before turning back to me, "Now, get in!"

Harry's POV

Once we're back in the Gryffindor common room, Hermione turns on me.

"What on earth is wrong with you!" Hermione says, smacking me on the face.

"What! I put Malfoy in his place! Might I mention that he's a monster that attacked a student!" I point out, earning another smack.

"He would never attack a student!" Hermione argues.

"And how do you know that!" I snap back. "He just did!"

"He's scared! Umbridge is starving him! But he would never attack a student!"

"Oh is he now! Are you his friend or something?"

"Maybe I am!" Hermione shouts, before storming off towards the girls dormitories.

Ron pats me on the back once Hermione leaves. "Hey. You did the right thing. She's just being sensitive."

"Thanks Ron," I say, before I see a very angry Ginny Weasley stomping out of the girl's dormitories, and towards Ron and I.

"What did you do?" She demands. "I've never seen Hermione crying that much!"

"I put Malfoy in his rightful place as the monster that he is!" I say, and Ginny shakes her head.

"Maybe you did, but you hurt Hermione!"

"Ginny--" Ron says, trying to break up the shouting match.

"Shut up Ronald!" Ginny shouts, before storming away.

"Merlin, you guys were going to wake up the whole country!" Ron says, attempting at a joke, but I'm fuming.

"I did nothing wrong!"

"No, you didn't. They're just being girls."

I huff, sitting down on one of the sofas near the fireplace. I did nothing wrong! Right?

Words: 1053