I'm Free

Harry's POV

It takes two weeks, which according to Hermione is fairly lucky, for a storm to arrive.

Ron, Hermione, and I are sitting in the Library catching up on some work when we hear a small rumble of thunder in the distance. Soon after, the rain starts. It falls onto the large stained-glass windows, creating a small pitter patter.

The three of us turn to each other. "It's time."

"Do you have the potion?" I ask Hermione.

She nods. "Yep! I've had it in my bag all week."

"We should get going then, right?" Ron points out, and we all scramble to collect our stuff.

Together, we rush out of the Library, through the half-empty corridors, and into the Hospital Wing. Slamming open the doors, we enter the large room.

The Hospital Wing is luckily empty, aside from Draco and Madam Pomfrey that is. He sits in his cage, staring at the windows. He hears us enter, and his head snaps towards us.

Hermione speaks up first. "Madam Pomfrey? I was thinking that perhaps Draco should be given a bit more blood."

Madam Pomfrey looks up from her desk, giving the group of us a knowing smile. "That could be arranged. Is that alright with you, Mr. Potter?"

"Sure," I nod.

The healer picks up the same syringe she uses everyday, and approaches me. Shrugging my robes off, I give her access to my arm. After a small prick, my blood is in the syringe.

Madam Pomfrey transfers the blood into a cup, and hands it to me. "I'm sure you can give that to Mr. Malfoy yourself."

The healer walks towards Draco's cage, mutters a spell, and turns back to us. She brushes past us, and out of the Hospital Wing.

The room flashes with lighting, which is soon followed by loud crash of thunder. Hermione's eyes widen.

"We've got to do it now!" She shouts over the thunder. "The instructions say 'as soon as the lighting starts'!"

"Here! Give it to me!" I call as Hermione searches through her bag, before finally retrieving the potion.

She passes it to me, and I approach Draco's cage. He stares at me with a black expression, but his fingers fidget ever so slightly.

I push the potion through the opening that Madam Pomfrey created, and step back. Draco reaches towards the potion. He picks it up, as though examining it, before downing it in one gulp.

Draco's face twists into a disgusted expression as he places the potions bottle back on the ground. He then grabs his wand, placing the tip over his heart.

"Amato Animo Animato Animagus!"

Draco's POV

I was not prepared for this.

Immediately, a fiery pain sears through my body. I have a double heartbeat, which thunders loudly through my skull. To be honest, I feel like I've been trampled by a Hippogriff. Twice.

My vision blurs, and I can't see the Hospital Wing anymore. Instead, a creature appears in my mind, clear as day.

A Ferret?!

A small, white ferret stands with it's head cocked to one side in my head. I'm nothing like a ferret though? One's animagus form always has something to do with them. Did the transfiguration spell from Fourth year leave traces?