Chapter 8

Isabella's POV:

I got a text from Missy.

'8th and Main.
The Streets is on
Tonight!'

I rush up and went to Andie's room.

"Andie did you get the text?"

"yeah.. but it's not like we can actually dance or anything so what's the point" she responded.

I thought over her words and realized she was right.

I visibly deflated.

"well thanks buzz kill" I joked, falling face first into her bed.

....

"Andie and Isabella it's for yall" After opening the door she sorta yelled it.

'Who could it be?' I thought.

"What are you guys doing here?" Andie asked the seeming as shocked as I was to see them everybody but my baby.

'Where's Moose?' I wondered scrunching up my eyebrows.

"Andie, we're going. Eighth and Main, The Streets. We need you guys." Chase started smiling.

"What about the fundraiser?" I asked.

"You could all be expelled." Andie caught on to what I was thinking about.

"Forget the fundraiser. We don't want the school to move."

"It's time we took a stand. Like you did."

"If MSA doesn't want yall..."

"Then we don't want you."

"What are you talking about? We do want Andie. We want Andie in, yes, right?"

"Yes."

"Look, you brought us together and took the fall for us when we should have all done more."

"Andie, that's why we're here. We've all made a lot of mistakes, but now's our time. We can go all the way. If we don't try, it was all for nothing. Come on, are yall in?"

"Only if mom lets us i'm kinda still on punishment" I said, scratching the back of my head now embarrassed because I just let my friends know I got in trouble.

"I can't either." Andie broke the news.

"Why?"

"I promised Sarah I'd finish packing tonight."

"Andie? Bella? Can we talk a minute?" Mom suddenly called us.

"yeah, hold up yall."

"Yeah. I'll be back."

"I made a promise to your mom to take care of you. I want to keep it." Mom started talking to Andie first.

"I know. I understand that and I am done fighting."

"You know, you remind me so much of your mother. You have her passion. She was a really good friend to me, Andie. Just like you are to them."

"I just feel like I finally found this place where I belong. I found people who believe in me."

"I believe in you, too. I've seen a change in you. You should go tonight. You too bella."

"Really?" Andie and I said together.

"She'd want you to and I want you too."

"Thank you so much mommy! I have to go get dressed"

I faintly heard Andie say "Let's do this"