page 14

╔══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══════╗

Title: Onward!

╚══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══════╝

The cheery lightning mage and you stood side by side, shoulders occasionally brushing as you rinsed out your cups in the stream. Morning light now penetrated the trees, songbirds flew from their branches chirping away. Another someone was also chirping away, smile plastered on their lips.

"This morning has been pretty great so far huh Y/n? Except for the fact that I burned my tongue haha! Oh and how did you sleep last night? I slept really good and my dreams were crazy fun! You know what else would be fun?! If we do totally sparred today!!!" Your little songbird chirped and chirped away, now sitting on the grass, a clean cup accompanying his lap.

You couldn't help but smile at his babbling. Not too long ago you would have stayed silent at his antics, ignoring him with a stone cold face. But now things had changed, you had changed. And you had taken a liking to the energetic lightning mage. His loud ever streaming words gave you a sense of peace and happiness. With the smile still on your face, you took a seat beside the boy, admiring the morning view of both him and the nature.

"Hmm, tell you what? Maybe if you behave I'll spar you when we get back to the hideout, after our mission is complete" you mussed.

"Oh really?!" The boy laughed, his lightning magic sparking off his body in excitement.

"Wait, what is it we have to do for the rest of our mission anyway? You would usually have wanted to head out by now." He asked, tilting his head in curiosity.

"Ah.." you started, honestly a bit confused as well.

"Well the mission statement stated that I wait for our order directly from the captain actually, I have a communication device that's he's suppose to contact tod-"

Suddenly, a muffled man's voice filled the area, emitting from the folds in your pocket.

"Hello??Is this thing on?" The device let out a static hissing sounds as if someone from the other end was smacking it around.

Rolling your eyes, you took the device out of your pocket, holding it between you and Luck.

"Captain Yami, that you?"

More hissing and smacking.

"We can hear you from this end just fine. Please stop abusing the device sir." You stated, eyes deadpanning as more static device abuse continued.