page 17

╔══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══════╗

Title: Battered Bodies

╚══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══════╝

"Well that was easy!" Luck chirped, swinging his arms beside you.

"Mhm well yes, thanks to the warrant. Now comes the hard part of actually taking Sir Adara in for questioning, hopefully he's cooperative." You hummed as the two of you made your way to the front doors of the manor.

"If he doesn't I'll just beat him into submission!" He responded, striking out a few quick jabs of excitement.

"Well there shouldn't be much of that. I'm not picking up mana of multiple individuals, seems to just be the head of house and a few servants in today. So this should be fairly easy." You said, chuckling.

Luck nodded in agreement. He had used his great sense of mana detection when they had entered the gates to pick up if there was anyone really powerful he could fight. Sadly it turned up nothing, just normal amounts of mana and nothing of a fun challenge.

"Borinnng" he sighed.

"Just let me do the talking, we'll be in and out soon. Then we can finally go home."

Luck nodded in response, with that, you pounded your knuckles a few times against the thick wooden doors, awaiting for someone to open up. A few seconds later, the doors were gracefully opened by an old butler.

"Hello, how may I help you today magic knights?" He asked in a deep aged voice.

"We're here to see the head of house, Sir Adara." You stated, dipping your head.

The man nodded, opening the door and beckoning the two of you inside.

"Of course, come on in" he said, leading you and your partner deep into the back of the manor.

He finally stopped outside a door leading to an outside patio and opening it.

"Sir Adara is just outside having his afternoon tea."

You nodded in response, pushing past the door with Luck in close pursuit behind you. As you stepped outside, you were met with a very large backyard, accompanied by a walk through garden and a lot of space to run around. To your right there was several small round tables topped with elegant lace cloths and chairs. At one of these tables sat a plump man, with a cup of tea, a small tower of pastries and a large expensive looking pipe that blew smoke like a chimney. The man spotted the pair of you with lazy eyes, a small smirk on his lips as you made your approach.