page 16

╔══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══════╗

Title: The Manor

╚══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══════╝

After you had fallen asleep, Luck had laid beside you, rubbing small circles into your back absentmindedly.

"Did I say the right things?"

Although he didn't want to, he found himself stressing over the events that had happened. Had he pushed you too much? He just wanted to help you be happier, but what if he had done the opposite? He wrapped you in closer to his chest, burying his face in the top of your head, trying to calm his irrational thinking. You let out a few soft sleeping mumbled which calmed his ease. Deciding he didn't want to ruin these moments of embrace with you, he shut his eyes, relaxing against your body. However, his sleep was still restless and before he knew it, dawn was already arriving. Sighing, Luck looked down at your sleeping face for comfort.

Your lips were slightly parted, your breathes making their way in and out. All along your once neat braid, hair was sticking up and out every which way. The hair in front of your face was ruffled from laying against the lightning mages chest, your eyes closed in a deep sleep. Luck chuckled softly down at the sight, seeing your sleeping face never failed to make him smile.

You stirred a bit at the sound, your eyes fluttering open and looking up at the boy, returning his gaze.

"Luck.." you murmured, still half asleep.

He stiffened a bit, looking at you.

Thump thump thump thump thump

Your hand slowly reached up from beneath the blanket, your fingers caressing his cheek.

"...go to sleep" you grumbled flatly, flicking his forehead and shutting your eyes with a small pout.

Luck's smile turned into a wide grin as he struggled to suppress his laughter.

What had he been worried about?

"Yeah, okay!"

He returned his chin back on top of your head, shutting his eyes happily.

"Goodnight Y/nnn~" he sang.

You grumbled in response.

***

About three hours after dawn, the time was 9:16am and you were finally beginning to stir from your slumber.

"Mm.."

Your eyes opened slowly, meeting the sight of a slowly chest rising and falling against you. The chest of your partner whom was currently sleeping, Luck.