29. Flirting at Taco Bell

~ Kriss Darcy ~

~ Kriss Darcy ~

I tried on the dress, much to Sophie's great joy

I tried on the dress, much to Sophie's great joy. She practically threw it at me, begging me to at least try it, though I'd already mentally decided that yes, I love this dress, I won't find anything else more perfect for me.

Cordelia arrived ten minutes later, with Mother and Mrs. Green just two minutes behind her. I was glad I'd found a dress so quickly - knowing Cordelia would taunt, Mother would criticize, and Mrs. Green would carefully eye whatever it was I picked out.

But since I had Sophie's approval - she's the closest thing to a fashion expert I have - and Jamie enthusiastically bounced around me, looking at the dress from every angle she could think of - if she didn't like it, she would let me know - I knew I wouldn't be leaving with anything else. Even Megan, who hates wearing dresses or skirts or anything other than jeans and leggings, gave me a nod of approval when I left the changing room to show off the dress.

Then, slowly, one by one, over the span of two hours, we each found something that spoke to us. Sophie found something she deemed perfect for Julie, a bright yellow gown that would blend well with Julie's blonde hair.

After paying for the dresses and lugging them towards the cars, each in their own individual protective bag, Cordelia shot a quick test to Pipes, telling them that we were done.

"Where did they even go?" Megan asked, for once not aiming a snide comment at Cordelia. "There's only so many interesting places to visit in Plattsburgh. It's not like it's the number one spot on the Best Places to Visit in New York State brochure."

"I mean, Plattsburgh does have the Saranac River," Jamie piped up, her dress bag looking bigger than it actually is next to her small size. "And it's part of the Northern Forest Canoe Trail..."

"Did you read said brochure?" Megan teased, as I popped open the trunk of my car.

"Yes," Jamie said, placing her dress bag carefully in the car. "I found one at the library. There were quite a few of them," she frowned, placing a finger on her lips. "As as to where the guys went, Fancy-Pants said they went to look for masks."

Ashes and EmbersOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara