𝟭𝟱.

𝗝𝘂𝗹𝘆 𝟱,𝟮𝟬𝟭𝟵
𝗗𝗮𝗹𝗹𝗮𝘀, 𝗧𝗲𝘅𝗮𝘀
𝟯𝟰𝟯𝟬 𝗪𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗯𝗿𝗼𝗼𝗸 𝗔𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘂𝗲
𝟮:𝟮𝟬𝗽𝗺

𝗦𝗶𝘆𝗲𝗿𝗿𝗮

   My phone was centered between my ear and shoulder as I jimmied the key in the lock

"Yeah," I rolled my eyes responding to my agent. "His tour will be over by time the premier is. He should be there for the red carpet."

   "Ok," He let out a deep breathe. "His name attached to your name will make this premiere even bigger."

   "You keep saying but we broke up months ago," I rolled my eyes finally unlocking the door going into my house. "It's not even a guarantee he'll come. We ended pretty badly."

   "Still."

   "Look Dave," I said closing the door behind me balancing my script in the center of my arm. "I just got home so I gotta end this call."

   "Call him."

   "I'll call Kwame," I mumbled ending the call.

   I took my phone off of Do Not Disturb, and watched all of my ignored notifications from today roll in. I scrolled through them unbothered, then I saw a message from Rod.

𝗶𝗠𝗲𝘀𝘀𝗮𝗴𝗲
𝙍𝙤𝙙𝙧𝙞𝙜𝙪𝙚𝙯♥️🧸
𝘞𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘯'𝘵 𝘬𝘦𝘦𝘱 𝘥𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘸𝘦 𝘥𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘨. 𝘐 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘶𝘴 𝘨𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘐 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘱𝘦𝘤𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘵𝘰𝘰 𝘮𝘶𝘤𝘩 𝘵𝘰 𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘰𝘯. 𝘚𝘰𝘳𝘳𝘺.
8:55aм

   I went to the Facetime icon calling him. The phone rang a while before he answered, he'd looked like he'd been crying but he looked pissed off.

   "Wassup," He asked bouncing Maisen on one arm while he fed him.

   "Wassup wit you," I looked at him through the screen. "Why you send me that bullshit ass message?"

"I ain want to give you the wrong impression," He licked his lips. "But sending a text was bullshit. I apologize."

"You got a baby mama," I shrugged. "You obviously want to be with her. This wasn't ever going anywhere, it just was for fun."

   "Damn," He shook his head readjusting his son as he started burping him. "Just was used fa my dick huh?"

   "I mean we coulda been more," I shrugged. "But younger girls more yo speed. You can't keep up with a woman like me."

   "What you talking bout?"

"You always talk to younger females," I shrugged. "Them young bitches not doing shit fa you though."

"You right."