𝟬𝟴.

𝟯𝟵𝟭𝟬 𝗠𝗲𝗿𝗿𝗲𝗹 𝗥𝗼𝗮𝗱
𝗦𝗼𝘂𝘁𝗵 𝗗𝗮𝗹𝗹𝗮𝘀 , 𝗧𝗲𝘅𝗮𝘀
𝟭𝟭:𝟯𝟲𝗽𝗺

   I looked down at the phone in my hand still dumbfounded over what Essence had just said, after I told her I was in she hung up

   I looked down at the phone in my hand still dumbfounded over what Essence had just said, after I told her I was in she hung up. I shook my head jogging back towards the guys taking down the last of the Heineken near where I was sitting.

   "I gotta head out," I said grabbing the money I'd gotten from shooting dice. "My guh need me. I'ma fuck wit ya."

   "Aight," Keshawn nodded dapping me up.

   I grabbed my keys walking over to my car unlocking the doors. I sped the next thirty minutes over to the other side of town where Essence stayed.

   I sighed finally pulling outside of her house, I parked on the street walking up to the front door. I changed my mind on knocking knowing her parents may be the ones to answer it. I walked around the house looking for her bedroom, I picked up a couple of little rocks and stepped back tossing them at the window one by one.

   I watched the blinds rustle before her homegirl Brianna was looking back at me holding a large tan butter dish, she sighed walking back into the bedroom. I stood there waiting a while, until my phone got a notification from Essence saying she was coming.

   After another minute or two Essence was standing in front of me — my eyes wandered down her body in amazement, she was simply just so beautiful to me.

   "Wassup Rod," She folded her arms over her stomach biting on her lip.

   "Were you serious," My eyes watched her face for a reaction. "Bout being pregnant?"

   "I know," She sighed wiping her finger underneath her eye.

   "You know what?"

   "This isn't what you want."

   "Essence," I sighed grabbing her hands looking her square in the eye. "Mamas where would you get an idea like that? You're a blessing to me, so this child would be nothing less than a blessing."

"It's so fast and unexpected though," She spoke tears rolling down her cheeks.

"God would never give us more than we can bare," I assured her using my thumb to wipe away her tears. "I'm all in aight? You gotta trust me."

"You want it?"

"You don't?"

   "I wouldn't want our relationship to be based off an unplanned pregnancy," She looked down. "I don't want to be like those girls who be posting bout they one year anniversary then the next day the kid making three months."

   "You wouldn't be," I reassured her. "We ain going be throwing no one-fourth birthdays."

   She laughed a little wiping her eyes, "Do you even want kids?"