6. CONSEQUENCES

Annette

Annette opened her eyes and saw the faces of her brothers looking at her , the worry evident on their faces.

Her father was not in the room. She looked tired.

"What happened to me?"

Her head was still pounding from the news she had heard. How could she be the crown princess?!!!!. The crown prince was surely not in his right state of mind.

Maybe he'll send his attendants tommorow and apologize for his actions. Yes that would surely be the case. Annette was still not ready to accept the fact that the crown prince had asked for her hand in marriage.

"You didn't eat anything for breakfast and you were nervous when you heard the news , so you fainted because of that , you were tired sister , take care of yourself , you're our only family."

Aaron looked at her. He was worried. Annette felt guilty that they were worried because of her.

"Your nose was bleeding , it was because of the tension too."

Arlen sat down next to her. He took her hand and looked at her sadly.

"Did you know how worried I was? I thought something happened to you , but it was just because of that damn crown prince."

"Arlen , you need to calm your emotions. You can't curse the crown prince like that , people will misunderstand this for treason and you know what that will result in."

Arlen clenched his fists tightly.

" I don't care about that brother , I only care about Annette , and if anything happens to her , I will make this place a living hell and you know that."

Arlen strode out of the room after saying that. Annette was worried about him. She was worried that he would confront the crown prince.

"Where is father?"

Annette knew this was unnecessary , her father was a busy man. He must be in some meeting , but she wanted to know where he was.

"He went to the palace."

"Whattt??!!"

Annette felt like she would faint again. Her headache was returning again. Her head was in her hands and she was sighing.

"Why would he go to the palace?"

She was worried something would happen. This matter was delicate. They couldn't reject the crown prince.

"He wanted to know if the proposal was related to the night before."

Aaron looked at her intently. She didn't understand his words.

"What do you mean?"

"He went there because he wanted to know if the crown prince proposed to you because something happened that night with you and the crown prince."

Annette felt like someone had thrown cold water at her. She got chills down her spine.

"But nothing happened between us."