20. MOTHER

Annette

Annette locked the door and closed the blinds of the window.

The room was suddenly dark because of the blinds.

She sat down on the ground and leaned against the wall.

Annette hugged her knees to her chest and her eyes started getting blurry.

Memories of her childhood came flooding in as more and more tears came falling down.

Her mother.........

Died........

Today.........

She covered her mouth with her hands to suppress her voices.

The tears weren't stopping.

She punched the ground and kept punching it until she heard someone knocking the door.

"Miss Valentin , we're here to help you get dressed."

She didn't answer and they stopped knocking and went back , assuming she was still asleep.

Annette got up and walked towards her bag , she took out a picture of her mother and herself and hugged it tightly.

She kept looking at it sadly.

"I miss you......I miss you so much .."

Her voice cracked.

She bit her lower lip and closed her eyes tightly.

Laying  down on her bed , she  looked at the photo in her hands again.

She wanted to hear her voice , she wanted to hug her and never let her go.

She missed her mother everyday but this day, it was the day she didn't let anyone in.

She didn't eat anything didn't drink anything and just shut herself in her room.

Her brothers and father knew that she didn't like anyone coming in so they complied with her wishes and gave her space.

"I hate this......I hate myself so much......"

Someone was knocking the door but she couldn't hear it , she couldn't hear anything except her mother's voice.

"Annette...... please......open the door .......I ...I beg you...."

                                    Aiden

He woke up a little early and went outside. Blake was talking with a few workers.

"Are you sure she didn't respond?"

"Yes sir , she usually wakes early so we went early today too but she didn't respond so we thought of coming back a bit later when she calls us herself but , she never sleeps till this late.......even her door is locked."

"What happened?"

Aiden asked.

They all greeted him and Blake told him the matter.