18. A Journey to the past

Annette

She was walking around the castle , looking at the servants doing their work. The preparations for the ball were getting started.

People already knew that the royal family was going to announce the crown prince's betrothed at the ball and some already knew that it would be Annette.

Many nobles had already seen her at the palace quiet a few times and it was obvious why she was residing there for the time being.

Her brothers and father had managed to get the some of the raging nobles under control who were protesting about the engagement between the Valentin and the crown.

She was ordered to stay inside the palace for the time being as to not raise any more suspicions from those  people.

Annette had already expected that some nobles would protest about this matter , it was obvious that they didn't want the Valentin's to gain any more power than they already did.

The Valentin's had always been powerful from the start. When the first king , Erudian had come to the empire to rule the land , he was accompanied by his loyal friend and knight , Zieck Valentin.

Erudian bestowed a title to his friend and since that day , the Valentin's had been called the protectors of the empire.

They were the ones who would train the elite knights of the empire.

The elite knights that were only served the king.

As the relationship between the royal family and the Valentin's was getting stronger ,some of  the nobles of the empire were starting to get wary of the Duke.

They made many plans to somehow drag the family down but now that Annette Valentin was rumoured to become the crown princess, the nobles were in a state of frenzy.

Many nobles were loyal to both families too but the ones who were starting to plot against the Valentin family started to make their own group.

They occasionally held meetings. The most well known member of this mysterious group was of course Emily Keiran.

Some people said that Emily and her mother were the true founders of this group and others said that they were planning to eliminate the royal family as well as the duke's family.

Others said that Emily's mother , Lady Josephine was the one who started to gather the nobles because of the orders of her own country so that they could control the empire.

Of course , nobody truly knew if this was true and they had no choice but to blindly follow this mysterious group.

The royal family had been starting to get suspicious lately. They were already suspicious of some nobles but they had managed to catch the news of these meetings going on.

The other nobles were getting wary of this group and the king had no choice but to send some of his men to investigate about this matter.

The report they got was that the suspicions they had were true. And the main suspect was the young lady of the keiran's along with some of her friends and other nobles who had confidently protested against the Valentin's a few times.