12. DREAMS

Aiden

When he returned back to his castle , he was informed that his father had called for him.

He quickly went to the main palace.

"You called for me father?"

He said as he bowed respectfully.

The king had somehow managed to convince him to call him "father" instead of "your majesty"

"Why did you choose Miss Valentin as the crown princess Aiden?"

Aiden froze for a second.

"I didn't  , at first. (Sighs) But she told me she saw me in her dreams (he looked at his father) , you know what that means."

His father's eyes widened for a moment.

"This means....."

"Yes."

Aiden confirmed.

"It was true."

No one said a word for a while. The room was filled with heavy silence until the doors suddenly opened and the queen barged in.

"I was looking for you Aiden!"

She exclaimed when she finally saw her son.

"What happened mother?"

He said , bewildered by her sudden entrance.

"Did you forget about the ball?! You need to be fitted for your suit. Now come with me!"

She said as she dragged him to the door.

Once she reached the door , she stopped and looked back.

"I suppose the "king" had also forgotten about the ball since he didn't prepare for his clothes too."

Her voice was cold and his father started laughing nervously.

"Haha , my queen , how could I forget about such a joyous occasion!! I just wanted to prepare for my suit with you!."

"I HAVE ALREADY DONE THE FITTING FOR MY DRESS!!"

She snapped and dragged Aiden out. Meanwhile his father kept calling for her from the room.

"Mother."

He chuckled nervously.

She didn't respond. He called her again but she was in her own thoughts.

"Mother!"

He shouted.

She jumped at the sudden voice. She glared at Aiden and slapped his arm angrily.

"How can you address me like that??!!"

"Well , you weren't listening."