7. DECISIONS

Annette

" Then I'll marry him."

She said.

Her father looked surprised for a moment but he quickly concealed his emotions.

"I'll go back now father , thank you for telling me about all this."

She forced herself to smile and quickly made her way towards her room. She was looking down the whole time , biting her lip to stop herself from crying.

To stop the tears from falling down. Her body was trembling. Every step felt so big. She couldn't see anything because of the tears.

Just why??? Why would he do that??? Why would the crown prince propose to her??

Everything was a mess. She couldn't do anything.

"(Hicc)....(hicc)...."

She was sobbing now. Just then she saw Aaron come out of his room. She looked at him.

He was looking at her sadly. He had heard her cries on the stairs.

He held her hand and took her to his room. He made her sit on the bed and crouched in front of her.

" Did he tell you?"

He was asking about that incident.

"(Hicc) yes."

She replied.

Aaron wiped the tears falling from her eyes with his thumb and caressed her face. He sat next to her and embraced her.

"You're fine Annette. Don't think too much about this matter , no one's going to force you."

She hugged him tightly and sobbed

...........

She didn't know how much time had passed since he hugged her , but it was evening and the maid was calling them to come down.

She quickly stood up and looked at the mirror. Her eyes were red and and swollen. Her face was so red from all the crying.

Aaron stood up and turned her to face him. He kissed her forehead lightly.

"I'll ask them to bring our food here."

Maybe he knew what she was thinking. Annette smiled softly and went back to sit on the bed.

After a few minutes , some maids came and started putting the dishes on the table. Annette and Aaron made their way to the table and sat in front of each other.

Aaron knew about her favourite dishes surprisingly. Even the things she didn't like.

"How do you know all this."

She was honestly curious.

"Well...., I used to write letters to Arlen and he told me all about your favourites."