chapter 1: my childhood days

Growing up as a child, I was gratified with a lot of love from my parents and my family. I didn't grow up as one of those spoiled rich kids from a so-called rich family. Instead, I grew up in a natural family. I have an older sister named Zarisha. She was born on February 19, 1996. and I also have a little brother named James. He was born on June 3, 2007, one year apart from me. And between my sister Zar and my brother James, I was right in the middle. Like always.

During the age of 2-3 years old, I remember the days I used to spend summer at my aunt's house with my cousin. Because I was so attached to home, I would cry and tell my aunt that I wanted to go home. My mother at that time went out at night. I was young and didn't understand a lot of things back then. I also remember the days as a child when I used to travel with my dad, to go and spend time with him on Christmas for a whole month or so. And while I was there, my dad would take us across the border, then we would go out and eat. I made a lot of friends and even my brother and sister { from my father's side} were there alongside my stepmother. I also used to take a lot of pictures back then too. I remember a day my sister who was 13 back then, went to primary school. { she went to Sacred Heart Primary School, and she was attending the special ed}. And my mother took me and my little brother out with her. I recall her telling us that we were going out to take some pics. The picture place was located right across from where the primary school was. It was a green up-and-down building with a wide glass door at the entrance.

My brother was only one year old at that time. When we entered, we were greeted by a man and a woman. And then my father came from Belmopan at that time. My mother told my dad to stay there and watch me and my little brother until she came back with my older sister. I remember the joy I felt when I saw my dad. After sitting in the picture place waiting for my mother, she finally returned with my sister. The man and the woman then led us to the back where we would take the pictures. The background had a picture of a grey Easter bunny with a bucket of purple paint and two paint brushes, with different colored Easter eggs around the bunny with a blue sky. The first picture was with my brother, older sister, and my mother. My mother had black dreadlocks, she had on a white dress with gold markings all over it. She had on her shades and an old navy slipper. My baby brother had on a grey cap with a picture of Winnie the Pooh on the front, with his cute cargo shirt, his long grey pants with his timberland as his footwear, and his baby ring on his little chubby fingers. He is the only brother I have born with beautiful eyes. My sister and I, along with my mother had brown eyes. My older sister had on her red and white uniform with her hair in plaits and her black school shoes.

In the next picture, I took one by myself. I was wearing a pink blouse with a blue jean skirt, pink socks, and my white and pink tennis. and of course for my hairstyle, I had in the old pom-pom and clips. I remember staring at the cameraman. while my mother in the background kept on saying "pose Jov" because that's what my parents called me back then and they still do. then in the other picture, I sat in a yellow chair and again, I was looking straight at the camera man and he took my picture. after we had taken our pictures, my dad called me to go after him and I walked over to him. he then picked me up and carried me with him.

I also recall those days when everyone would assemble at our house every Sunday like my grandfather {may his soul rest in peace}, his friends, our next-door neighbor, my aunt, and my cousins. And we would dance, laugh, and eat. Sometimes my cousins would come over and spend the whole summer with us and it was fun. Back then things were good unlike now.

this is a picture of me, my little brother holding the ball, and my sister in the pink blouse

this is a picture of me, my little brother holding the ball, and my sister in the pink blouse. the other three are my cousins.