My days in high school {part 1}

In August from the year 2019-2020, I was now enrolled in high school. I remember how excited and enthusiastic I was. I remember the day being a bit drafty and windy with the dimmed sun in the sky. The first day of school was orientation day for the whole first form classes. I was attending Stann Creek Ecumenical high school or I referred to it as:" the school of discipline". And it was one of the best high schools in Dangriga with a population of 100+ students attending there.

Not only did Ecumenical was highly strict, but the high school had a very strict dress code when it comes to uniforms. They don't accept bought uniforms, you have to buy brown and white cloth to sow your uniform. But otherwise, it wasn't so bad. On that day, my mother took me to school like always while I, on the other hand, was dying inside imaging the number of students along with their parents with them starting as we walked past.
When we entered the campus, I began to feel anxious in my stomach, my mother's friend who was with us along with her daughter Eva walked along with us.

My mother then turned to me and asked: "Are you feeling anxious?". And then I responded without any hesitation: " noma". And with that said, we continued walking until we came across a huge auditorium which was located across from the basketball court and beside the cafeteria. I looked around as always trying to get comfortable with my surroundings. I remember seeing all first formers and their parents sitting beside one another on the bleachers while the staff was sitting on the left side of the auditorium apart from where everyone else was sitting. when the orientation started, the principal who was Ms. Cayetano greeted every one of us with a warm welcome followed by prayer then our national anthem. the orientation overall was boring for me and since the weather was changing, that made me feel more bored than ever. I remember breathing a sigh of relief when the principal said it was time to go back to our class. the whole campus was filled with students from all over in their brown and white uniforms. and I liked it because if anyone wanted to find me or see me, I would blend in with the crowd so that they can't see me since everyone's uniforms were identically the same.

There were eight first form classes with names such as Benguche, Beni, Bowman, Drepaul, Flores, sharp, Ramos, and let's not forget Woodeye. and of course, I was in bowman. { now, let's get into the real story about my days in the first form shall we}. my days in first form were between good and bad and I'll tell you why. I was still the same person I was. I had a bad mindset and was very negative about everything. the first few days and months of school went well for some time and of course like always, it gets worse. I got in quarrels with some people and I was constantly sent to the office because of my demerit card. and then I would go on detention. { oh and if you think the detention was to just sweep the class, then you're thinking nonsense, my friend}. the detention there was manual labor. they will make you clean the entire compound, rake the compound, work in the cafeteria, sweep the entire auditorium, etc...

and I was in every single moment that passed me by. I was energetic, wild, and was a class clown too. sometimes, there were days when I go to school with some heavy mood swings and depression but I don't show it. while on other days, I would go to school feeling like I'm on top of the world in joy. there were some times, I would get criticized by other students about the way I look and act and I would ignore them. I was struggling very hard with mathematics because I wasn't very good at it. I didn't like some of the teachers who taught me at all. and by the time report card day came, I failed five subjects for the mid-semester and the actual semester, I failed math and other subjects. I was very disappointed in myself and then thoughts started to blow up in my head. but I knew my parents were not happy with me at all. { probably some of you are wondering if I'm embarrassed to write all of this. to be honest I don't}. back then, I didn't know who I was or what I wanted to be at all. I was lost from myself. I was lead astray.