19. Gummy Bears

One week later (Posie POV)

Today is the day I get my caste off. I am excited but also a little sad because i've enjoyed being carried around and not having to walk the past couple of weeks. But on the bright side, now I can get up and do whatever without having to wait on someone to help me.

"Time to go Posie!" Alice says as Jasper honks the car horn outside. I grabbed my crutches that I barely used and made my way outside to the car. Alice helped me settle in and then we were off to the hospital where Carlisle will be taking my caste off.

After a 10 minute drive, we are pulling into the hospital and swiftly moving in. We have to get this done quick because we have school right after and are already missing first period.

We enter the hospital and go straight to Carlisle's office. He greets us and then takes us to a room where he will remove my caste. I lay on the table and he gets this weird machine thing out. Then He turns it on and I jump because its so loud.

"Don't worry sweetheart it doesn't hurt." Carlisle said sensing my nervousness.

10 minutes later my caste was off.

"try not to do anything too crazy yet, your ankle still needs to build strength back. For P.E. at school you will be doing movements to build strength back." explained Carlisle as he walked us out.

I nodded and Jasper assured him that they would make sure I don't do anything that would risk injury again. With all of that done, we make our way to school. When we get there it is 7th period which is history for me. I have this class with Emmett and Rosalie as well as Hallie and Holland.

I walk in five minutes late and the teacher automatically tells me I have a detention

"She was with our father, want me to call him so he can tell you himself?" Rosalie speaks from the back.

The teacher sighs. "Fine, no detention."

I smiled at Rosalie for getting me out of detention then go take a seat next to Hallie who is grinning at me.

"What are you smiling for?"

"I'm just happy to see you"

'yea right' I think to myself. She's up to something.

"There's a small get together tonight, want to come?" Holland says from beside Hallie.

"I don't know. How big is small?" I ask knowing he is probably down playing the amount of people that will be there.

"Like 10 people" Hallie respond for him

"Ok I might come for a bit" I say and with that we start listening to the boring lecture.

At lunch I told Alice and Jasper about the get together tonight and they agreed to let me go as long as I was careful and didn't stay past 10. I agreed and happily ate my lunch.

Time skip

I arrive at Hallie's house and can already tell there is way more than 10 people here. I get kind of nervous and look at Jasper who drove me here.

"You sure you want to go?" He asked wearily.

"Yea, Just for a little while. I'll text you when to pick me up."

With that I hopped out of the the car, Jasper yelling "be careful" behind me. As I walked I could feel the bass of the music being played through my shoes, I could smell the sweat coming off of the bodies grinding on each other, and I could see the beers and red solo cups in everyone's hands.

Don't get me wrong, i'm not opposed to a good party, but I know that Alice and Jas won't want me drinking. Not to mention me drinking would most likely lead to me making bad decisions which could lead to me getting injured again.

I walk through the crowd trying to find Hallie when finally I spot her talking to a girl from our art class. I approach and greet them. They are tipsy and respond flamboyantly.

"Do you want a drink!?" Hallie yells over the music.

"No thanks!" I yell back. After a while of dancing and laughing, we go outside and sit on the porch. Shortly after we sit down, the girl, whose name is Caytlin, pulls candy out of her bag and offers some to me. They are gummy bears, but they are in a weird package. I don't really like gummy bears but I don't want to be rude So I take one and eat it. We continue talking for a while when my mouth starts to get dry.

"Guys my mouth is really dry, i'm gonna go get some water." I say and Caytlin giggles.

"Ok" she says, and Hallie looks at her suspiciously.

I walk inside and go to the kitchen. I'm trying to remember what I came in here for but I can't. Everything is in slow motion and my vision kinda blurry around the edges.

'where's my phone?'

'my heart is beating really fast'

'omg im having a heart attack'

'what time is it?'

'my mouth is so dry'

I start to panic and my heart is going 100 mph.

I stumble back outside and find my phone trying to find Jasper's contact but it's taking forever because my fingers are moving so slow. Finally, I find his contact and call him. He pick up but his voice is distant.

"Posie hello"

"Hii, yes.. kind of... feel weird...and my hearts racing" I mumble.

"Did you take something Posie? i'm on my way"

"No take something, only gummy bear"

"Well Darlin' I think that Gummy bear had something else in it. Stay where you are i'll be there in 5"

I waited for five minutes, heart racing, mind cluttered with thoughts, anxiety coursing through me, until Jasper's car pulled up and Alice hopped out of the passenger seat. She lead me to the car.

They try to ask me what happened but I don't feel like talking right now, I'm anxious and tired.

"Babe I don't think she's in the right state to talk to right now, let's just get her home and in bed." I hear Alice say to Jasper.

.

.

.

Hey ya'll. I watched twilight (the extended version) last night and let me tell you, those deleted scenes were the cringiest things i've ever watched. Also this chapter is based on my experience with edibles, which was not a good one.

QOTD

Do you have to do summer reading. If so, what book do you have to read?

I personally have to read pride and prejudice which i'm not enjoying. I hate reading books that aren't in modern day English.

byyeee

~ Z