10. Hospital Time

The next morning I am woken up by my dingy alarm clock. I roll out of bed and limp to the bathroom to brush my teeth and do everything else I need to do. I brush my teeth with my periwinkle toothbrush, then apply some mascara and coconut lip balm along with some blush. I finish the simple look with a high ponytail with some loose brown curls framing my face. Jasper told me he would be picking me up at 9 am and it's currently 8:30. I throw on a big black sweatshirt that has the three powerpuff girls on it, some legging, and wear a converse on my left foot with a sock and slipper on my right. I then head to the kitchen, grab an apple that is going rotten, and sit down on the small couch in the living area.

I start thinking about getting a cast. I wonder if it will hurt or not and how long it will take. I also realize it might be a little difficult to get around school but I'm sure Hallie can help me out. I finished my apple and throw it in the trash. Right as I turn to go wait by the door I hear the doorbell ring. I open it and Jasper stands there towering over me.

"Mornin'" he says with a soft smile. I can't help but smile back at him.

"Good morning" I say back

"Let's get going. Alice is going to meet us there since she had to pick something up from school."

Jasper opens the passenger side door and buckles the seatbelt for me. I thought that was a tad weird but he's a gentleman so I'm not that surprised. As we make our way to the hospital I take some time to admire Jasper. His curly golden brown hair is so pretty and all of his features are perfect. He's really handsome. I have to tear my eyes away when I realize I have been staring for too long. I start to think again about getting the cast and before I know it I'm opening my mouth.

"Do you think it's gonna hurt?" I ask Jasper looking out the window. "It might Darlin. Just because it's really sore and swollen and they might have to move it a few different ways to put the cast on." Jasper replied. Well... that didn't help to put my mind at ease. I think Jasper can feel how anxious I am because he puts his cold hand on top of mine and says, "don't worry about it too much. Carlisle knows what he is doing and I'm sure he'll make it as painless as possible."

Jasper's POV

I could feel how anxious Posie was after I said it might hurt so I try to console her. I'm not sure how much it worked but I don't really want to influence her emotions too much yet. I think she's already onto us. I will say tho, this has been one of the first if not the first time she has talked without being spoken to by either me or Alice which really excites me. Hopefully getting the cast will go smoothly but Posie is really nervous so I don't know.

Posie's POV

The rest of the car ride is silent except for the radio playing softly in the background. Soon enough we pull up to the hospital and I start to panic a little bit. I really don't like hospitals. Ever since I was little I hated being in the hospital. When I am in hospitals I usually do this thing where I paint a picture in my mind that takes me somewhere else, but I don't want to do that this time because Jasper and Alice would probably wonder why I was zoning out.

Jasper opens the door for me and we walk inside the doors. The smell of rubbing alcohol and childhood trauma immediately fills my nostrils. Jasper grabs my hand and we walk to an office where I see Carlisle and Alice sitting. I let go of Jaspers hand because I feel like it might be a little weird to hold his hand in front of his girlfriend.

"Hi Posie how are you?" Carlisle asks

I just stay silent because I'm trying not to zone out too much.

"Aww you're nervous huh? Don't be nervous sweetheart Carlisle knows what he is doing." Alice says when I don't answer for a few seconds.

"She's right Posie, you have nothing to worry about. It might hurt, but it will be over soon enough and then you won't have to walk around on a broken ankle anymore."  Carlisle adds.

I just nod my head not wanting to speak

"Alright then let's get this over with huh?"

Hey peeps. A lot of y'all have been asking when I'm going to update and the truth is I never really know because I don't know when I'm gonna feel like writing lol. I had COVID last week so that was fun. I didn't have it bad but I still had to quarantine and stuff. I also had to do online school which I way prefer over in person. It makes me realize how much of a waste of time school really is.

Okay now for the QOTD: what is your favorite dessert?

Mine is probably blackberry cobbler🤤 it's soooo good!!

Anyways thank you guys for reading and don't forget to comment and vote!!

-Z