5. Accident

Luckily, my last period is just a study hall, so I can go home. Hallie tried to ditch her last class and come with me, but I told her I would feel too guilty if she got in trouble. I hopped in my car, put my keys in the ignition, pulled out of the parking lot and started making my way home, driving slowly because of the fresh layer of rain coating the road.

When I arrive home 5 minutes later, I sit in my car for a second to just think things over about the days events. I'm still a little bit confused about the comment Alice made during PE, but I figure I should just let it go. I always over think things and just end up making myself freak out even more.

I step out of my car and go to the front door just to find that it's locked. I don't even have a key because Abbie wasn't here yesterday to give me one when I arrived. I decided to just go around back and try that door. I wasn't paying attention as I was walking around back, and found myself tripping on a small rock that was poking up from the ground. Luckily, I was able to catch myself with my hands before I hit the ground. "Of flippin' course." I mumbled because of my clumsiness.

I got up and made my way to the door, but low and behold there was yet another rock just begging to be tripped over. This one was much bigger than the last one, and when I stepped on it, my right foot twisted on the rock and down I went. I heard a noise come from my right ankle as I landed on it, and an excruciating pain shot through my foot and ankle and all the way up to my knee. "Ow ow ow ouchie" I whimpered as I sat there holding my ankle rocking back and forth with warm tears running down my face. I've never broken a bone, which is surprising with how much I tend to fall, but from the pain in my ankle right now, I'm guessing it's broken.

After sitting there and crying for a while, I took a deep breath. "Okay Posie, you got this, just make it to the door." I said to myself. Taking a shaky breathe in, I shifted all of my weight onto my left foot and stood up. I then grabbed the side of the house and started hopping to the back door. "I look like a bunny" I said to myself and giggled. Thank the lord! The back door was unlocked so I hopped in, plopped my backpack on the floor, and went straight for the Advil. After taking two Advils, I sat on the couch and decided to try and get some school work done while I waited for Abbie to get home so I could ask her if she can take me to the hospital to get my foot looked at.

Doing school work proved to be difficult with the throbbing pain in my ankle, but I managed to get what I needed to done by the time Abbie got back at 5.

She walked in the door greeting me with a "Long time no see lil sis. I would say you've grown but you're still a midget."

"Hey ab" I said back.

"Listen I want to catch up, but I'm going out with my boyfriend Malcolm so I gotta get ready." Abbie said.

"That's fine, but I was wondering if you could take me to the ER first. I think I hurt my ankle pretty bad."

"Oh Posie, always so clumsy." She said with a sigh. "Listen I would, but I don't even think we have enough money for that. Do you know how expensive ER visits are? And I don't that our parents would be willing to pitch in." Abby said with sad eyes. "I'm sure you'll be okay, you probably just tweeted it a little, it will be better tomorrow, just ice it." Abbie said quickly before grabbing a coat and her makeup bag. "I'm actually just going to get ready at Malcolm's house. I'll see ya later." Abbie says before walking out and closing the door behind her, leaving me alone with my swollen ankle.