12. What's up with cold hands?

Jasper POV

I pull into the parking lot of the small cafe with Posie and Alice singing Adele at the top of their lungs. When I park the car I can feel the excitement radiating off of Posie. "Oh my gosh! I haven't had pancakes in forever!" She says excitedly. "Well let's go then" I say as I open the back door and get Posie situated on my back. Alice locks the car and the three of us start off towards the cafe.

The hostess situates us in a booth and tells us someone will be with us shortly. I see Posie scanning the menu with a cute face that has conflict written all over it.

Posie's POV

I have no idea what I want. There are soooo many options and they all look delicious. Except the banana pancakes. Yuck. As I'm trying to decide between chocolate chip and blueberry, Alice asks, "So Posie, tell me more about you. What's your favorite color, favorite movie, hobbies, etc" I think a little before answering. "Um, well I guess I like purple a lot, I like action movies a lot but I don't really have a favorite, and I play soccer sometimes and I like to read and sketch a little."

They both listen intently and then Jasper smiles, "action movies are my favorite too, ever seen mission impossible?" We talked about action movies for a while until our waiter came over.

The waiter took our orders and I ended up choosing blueberry. Then we started to talk some about school and movies etc. As we continue talking they ask me more about my old life with my parents. "My parents were always so strict about my grades and I wasn't very close with them. My dad especially. My mom was a little more understanding and still showed that she loved me and didn't want me to leave, but my dad had final say. I also didn't have many friends because school took up so much of my time." They both look at me the Jasper says. "Well, grades don't define you, end you should remember that. No one here will get upset with you if you make a bad grade." Alice nods along then adds, Jasper is right, and if you ever are stressed about school or need help you can come to us or any of our siblings, we have a lot of umm... well we are just all good at school."

I was about to ask her what she meant but I was cut of when the waiter arrived with our food. It looks SO good and I start to do a little wiggle in my seat impatiently waiting to eat a bite. I reach for the syrup but Alice's hand is there before me and our hands touch. And they are ice cold. "Why are your hands always cold?" I ask without thinking. Another thing about me is I don't really have a filter. They both pause and look at each other uncomfortably. "I guess I'm just always cold" Alice says softly. "Even if you were cold I don't think your hands can get that cold. I think you are lying." I can tell she is lying in the way her eyes shift from left to right. I've always to been good at telling if someone is telling to truth of not.

Jasper clears his throat. "We can discuss this later Posie, just eat your food." I just shrug and do what he says. Obviously there is something up with these too and I don't really feel like figuring it out right now so I hunker down and take huge bites of my pancakes. It's been forever since I've had a substantial meal like this! I see Alice and Jasper looking at me with grins in their faces.

"Slow down Posie, the pancakes aren't going anywhere" Alice says with a giggle.

When I finish my pancakes I look at their plates and see that they have hardly touched there food. And now that I think about it, they hardly ever touch their food, even at school lunch (not that I've been watching or anything). Now that I'm finished my food my focus is on figuring out what is up with them. "Ok cold hands, hardly eats food, super pale, and both super strong. What's up, I'm not stupid. Do y'all take some advanced type of steroids or something." I say. I know I'm being kind of rude right now but when I'm irritated or really want to know something I get snappy.

They both look at each other for a while like they are having an unspoken conversation. After what feels like forever they both look back at me. "We'll go back to our place and we can talk there." Jasper says sounding slightly stressed. I just nod and with that Jasper slaps down some money and we head out of the door.

Heeyyy so I have tons of news. 1. I finished exams and from the ones I've gotten back already I've done really well. 2. I found out a couple days ago I'm captain of my club volleyball team🥳 I'm super happy because even though I don't like the team I'm on, I think being captain is a great leadership opportunity. And 3. I dyed my hair back to it's natural color which I'm super excited about. I' had highlights that were kind of ugly for a while and missed my dark brown hair. I would show y'all but idk if you would really care that much lol.

Heard the QOTD: do you consider yourself a leader or a follower?

ALSO I went to the mall yesterday and guess what I got from the Amazon book store... MIDNIGHT SUN. I'm suuuper excited to read it but first I have to finish the book I'm reading rn. I don't think I will be updating until after Christmas so I hope all of y'all have a wonderful holiday.

See ya later,
Z

PS. I saw this super hot edit of daddy Carlisle if you have tiktok and want to see it lmk I'll tag you😉