38. Kidnap!

I mused, mincing olive topping of the veg pizza and unconsciously adapted Dr. Roshni's habit of eating. Like a taste of olive, I had one bitter theory formed in my brain based on the past month's scenarios of Chaya and Shanu being intimate, that Chaya had a thing for Shanu which she couldn't confess to him, instead got married to Dr. Adi. And now she wants to achieve him.

I took another bite of cold pizza. Cold pizza. Am I still stuck to the first piece? And this Nisha, ate all her four pieces, washed 1/4th hair of that of Rupanzel's stood in front, ready to dry them. That's. Quite. Shocking. Tonight she is going on a movie date later to a dinner date with Harsh. Their dates are going on full form but romance is still stuck with cheek pecks and forehead kisses. On other hand, Shanu and I were on the edge of banging each other.

"Ishika!" her voice came out as a warning. "You have to stop thinking and..."

"Okay. I lost my appetite!" I cut her off and made my way to the bathroom.

How could I eat when I am carrying a load of Brobdingnagian thoughts in my teensy-weensy brain. I need a psychologist. How? How Dr. Adi knew who kidnapped Sahil's fiance. And also the same one is in a plot to kidnap me. Goodness should never be gracious on that bastard!

For once, I think, I have to take a risk and meet with Sahil to interrogate him about his fiances. Even if, our kidnapper is a serial killer there should be something familiar between her and me. Which could be his motive to select me as his next target.

Can he be Dr. Ishaan Sharma?

Argh! I am stuck in such a horrible state, in front there is a cliff, behind is a bog, left there is Baskerville's hound, and right there is Twilight's Edward. It's better to take a front step and jump off of the cliff, at least I will have a simple death. 

So, I texted Sahil to fix an appointment. I received an immediate reply. Desperate fellow. Texted, he is busy for that night but can meet the next day. I have a hospital so texted to meet at 7 in the morning but the place was not confirmed. I know that I am willingly jumping off of the cliff, but it doesn't mean I jump without a rope, when I have a possibility, to. So, I thought to search out some public, risk-free places in Lucknow, then text him.

I pulled on a button-up maroon knee-length dress and headed to Room no: 32, 5th floor of the hospital I work in. The same room where Dr. Adi has been shifted, the last morning. On the way, my Mama called me to inform, regarding the trip to Rajasthan, also a proposal to accompany them. They barely take out a week or two from their profession to enjoy and I didn't want to be selfish, so neither I mentioned the accident nor the difficulties I was passing through. 

"It will be fun dear!" My Mama supplicated for the fourth time, with a hope at least I would say yes, that time.

"Mama! I can't I have work?" I dismissed, huffing. I regretted wearing that dress cause June's brisk, swift wind not only chilled my legs but also swept my dress for a free show to bypassers. My brain better said to sit down on a bench. And I did. 

"Please! pretty please" It's Dada, sounding like a dramatic girlfriend.

"Dada. I am busy...but will pay a visit after you guys return."

"Of course, Ishika. Your birthday is coming. We will celebrate the whole week" My Mama broached with excitement. 

And I forgot it.

"I was planning to invite Ishaan, his family, and also Aditya.  Ish, can you send me his number....so that I can invite him personally!" I hope, he will be out of his bandages till June 16.

"Yeah...I will. So, When you guys will come back to Agra?"

"Most probably on Friday!" Dada replied. I heard some ruffling voices, of the zip opening.