don't let me down

she/her pronouns used

you couldn't believe it. two weeks ago he was saying that you were all he wanted. one week ago he broke up with you. today he had a new girl on his hip. you sat there speechless in the cafeteria, looking at the two of them. they were all over each other. to your shock, nolan didn't come to yell at them like he would the two of you. ever since they let girls into welton two years ago they had been on the lookout for any PDA. you looked so confused standing in that crowded lunchroom. normally you would sit with the poets and your friend, karina, but you didn't feel comfortable or calm enough to walk over there.

you were about to make your way out until meeks waved you over with his hand. he was clueless to the area around him. you swallowed your pride and walked over to the already cramped table. meeks and them moved down a smidge and karina made it just in time to sit down next to you. there you were sitting between meeks and karina, and your ex boyfriend across from you with his tongue basically down another girls throat. the rest of the boys were staring daggers at the two of them, and meeks. he was clueless to things like this sometimes and it was extremely apparent. cameron looked over at you before turning to charlie.

"oh my god, will you stop that already?" cameron punched charlie on the back. all of them nodded in agreement while you gave cameron a small smile for saying something.

"what?" he said in an annoying whiny voice.

"it's fucking gross." cameron said.

"you're just jealous because none of you could get girlfriends," he looked over at neil and todd, "you two don't count."

before he could continue anymore he looked at you from across the table. you matched his gaze and gave a sarcastic smirk, "real classy charlie."

he looked dumbfounded by the fact you had sat with them, and he was more surprised that you spoke. karina chimed in, "a true gentleman."

the rest of them kept on eating but you still glared at charlie. you felt bad that his new girlfriend had to feel the heat of this as well. the thing is, everyone knew you and charlie had broken up. it had found its way around welton quickly. you two had been dating for what was almost a year until he ended it out of nowhere. he claimed he needed to "find himself" which was just code for "i want someone new to fuck."

you quietly sat there eating your lunch. you would insert comments here and there between the overlapping conversations but that was about it. you were mad and you feared the more you talked, the less time it would take you to yell. karina did her best to make you feel better but there was no use. you finished your meal before the rest of them and excused yourself. you hurried to your dorm before any of them could ask you to stay.

you opened the door and closed it behind you. you felt defeated. you had homework to do but all you could do was fall onto bed wishing for today to be over. you wanted to fall asleep and wake up in 10 years when this would all be over. you could forget charlie dalton ever existed. you laid on your bed staring at the ceiling. you were uncomfortable in your uniform but had no energy to get changed. you sat there for what seemed to be hours until you heard a knock on the door.

"y/n?" it was cameron's voice.

"what?" you said, irritated.

"never mind then." he said.

"cameron, i'm sorry. come in."

he walked in with a half hearted smile. he was trying his best and that's all you could give him, "are you feeling okay?"

you and cameron were never extremely close. he was always someone you could fall back on to make a sarcastic comment but even then your conversations were short. this wasn't like him, not at all.