Chapter 19 - Flying Fists

Jyugo: "Come to think of it, you sure it's okay to leave off the handcuffs? You always put 'em on right away."

Jinx: "But Jyugo, you always take them off, anyway. Plus, they still don't fit me."

Jyugo: "True, but I just don't wanna get in any more trouble than we probably already are."

Hajime: "I'm not on shift yet, so I forgot em."

Jyugo: "Are you an airhead before work starts or something?"

The three of us walked in silence. I was holding Jyugo's hand as we walk behind Hajime. I was mindlessly walking until Jyugo suddenly stops. I turned to see that he was sinking into the ground.

Hajime: "The hell are you two doing? Hurry up al-"

Jyugo: "Hajimeee!!"

I tried to pull him out, but I was too small. Hajime turned and started walking away.

Jyugo: "Woahwoahwoah, wait, stop! Hold up, Hajime!! Help me! I know you're not on shift yet but help meee!!"

Jinx: "Hajime, come back! I can't pull him out myself!"

He reluctantly came back and pulled him out the ground before hitting him.

Jyugo: "Ow-!"

Hajime: "You bastard, I told you not to waste my time, didn't I?! You'd better not drag me down any more than this, you shitty brat! That goes for you too, 33!"

Jyugo: "There's no helping it, I'm sleep-deprived and my head feels all hazy."

Hajime: "I'M SLEEP DEPRIVED TOO, DAMNIT!"

Jinx: "Come on, Hajime. We wanna get outta here too."

We kept walking until we soon come to three doors, labelled '1', '2', and '3'.

Hajime: "Tch, what's with these doors?"

Jyugo: "Is one of them 'correct' or something?"

Hajime: "That would mean the others could have traps, then. What a pain. Alright kid, you're up."

Jinx: "Hm?"

Hajime: "Which is the right door?"

I took a step forward.

Jinx: "*sniff sniff sniff* Well... shit."

Hajime: "What is it?"

Jinx: "It's a trick. They all have traps. But I can't tell what traps. So... I couldn't tell you which is better."

Hajime: "Ah, damn it all. Looks like we'll have to do this by chance after all."

Jyugo: "I think Uno's usually the one who makes decisions when it comes to stuff like this. His intuition is pretty spot on, so I feel like we've always left it up to him. But there's no helping it right now."

Jinx: "We've just gotta pick one and hope it's not too bad."

They both spoke at the same time.

Hajime: "Number 3 is right."

Jyugo: "Number 1 is right."

Jinx: "...Oh boy..."

There was silence for a second before Hajime grabbed our arms and went through the third door.

Hajime: "Alright, let's go."

Jyugo: "Wrong! Number 1! It's number 1! Over there! I said it's number 1! Listen to me, damnit!! Stupid Hajime! Don't you know the last door is always the worst?!"

Jinx: "That's a thing?"

Hajime: "Shut up! My decision is final! Now move your asses!"

Jyugo and I looked back to see the door close behind us. He let go of our arms.

Jyugo: "Ahh, the door closed! Damnit Hajime, what are you gonna do if this isn't the right one?!"

Jinx: "Jyugo, there were traps behind every door. There wasn't a right one."

Jyugo: "Hajime, I don't wanna die! Are you listening to me?!"

Hajime: "Quiet! You're being dramatic- Uh- GET DOWN!"

I panicked and dropped to my stomach. As soon as I did, I felt something fly over me. When I looked up, I saw a huge boxing glove had lodged itself into the wall.

Jinx: "WHAT THE HELL?!"

I stood up.

Hajime: "It's possible this whole wall is full of traps. Did they activate after the door closed? There's no helping it, we'll have to run past in one go! 15, 33, don't fall behind!"

He turned to only see me.

Hajime: "Number 33, where is your brother?"

Jinx: "Huh? I thought he was right next to me!"

We turn to see he had been hit into the wall by that boxing glove.

Jinx: "Jyugo!"

Hajime: "Tch."

Suddenly and without warning, Hajime picked me up, threw me over his shoulder, grabbed Jyugo's ankle, pulled him out of the wall and started dragging him as he ran across the room. Those massive gloves were firing at us from all directions.

Jyugo: "AAAAAAHHHHHH!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME, HAJIMEEE! WHAT'RE YOU TRYING TO DO TO ME?! OWOWOWOW, MY LEG'S GETTING TORN OFF! IT'S COMING OFF! HEY DON'T IGNORE ME, YOU BALD-ASS GORILLA!!"

Jinx: "We're— al—most— there— Jyu—go!"

Lying over Hajime's shoulder while he was running was quite the bumpy ride too. When he reached the end of the flying fists room, Hajime dropped us.

Jyugo: "WAAHHHH- OOF-!!"

Hajime: "Looks like we made it somehow."

Jyugo: "Are you some kinda demon?!"

Jinx: "A little warning would be nice next time."

Jyugo: "Damnit all... it's a miracle I didn't get hit, but I still thought I was gonna die..."

I hugged him.

Jyugo: "Rock always breaks though and carves a path for us at times like this, huh... This kind of thing is practically impossible for us..."

Jinx: "Rock's amazing. I wish I was strong like him."

Hajime: "15, 33, don't move from there."

Jyugo: "Shut up!! What is it this time?!"

We covered our noses and mouths as it hit us.

Jinx: "Ngh... this is..."

Hajime: "It's sleeping gas. Looks like all the traps in this basement have the newest makes and models. There's no way to predict the activation system's mechanisms or the types of traps."

Jyugo: "Then how are we supposed to break through here?"

THUMP

They turned to see me passed out on the ground.

Jyugo: "JINX!!"