Chapter 36 - Immortal Crimson

A few weeks later, my arm was fully healed, and my cast was removed.

Jinx: "*sigh* What a relief."

Dr Otogi: "Now, I want you to promise me, you'll be more careful. No more mystery broken bones"

Jinx: "I promise. Thanks a lot, Dr Otogi."

Dr Otogi: "Good girl."

Later that morning, I was allowed to go back to work.

Hajime: "Numbers 11, 25 and 33, you three head over to the metalworking area."

Uno: "Whaat, again? But that place reeks of steal! I hate it there!"

Nico: "It's really hot, too."

Jinx: "And everything is so heavy."

Hajime: "Quit your whining and get going! Hey, keep an eye on these guys so they don't slack off!"

Fuji: "Okay, okay, I hear you."

The three of us followed him to work.

Fuji: "Number 33, Jinx, right?"

Jinx: "Yes, sir."

Fuji: "Because you bathe in the women's side, I don't think we've officially met. I'm inmate number 243. But please, call me Fuji."

I smiled. He's certainly a different person from who I've heard in the baths.

Fuji: "Now, we've got a lot of dangerous equipment here, so be careful if you use any of it. Also, don't touch anything you're not supposed to."

Uno: "Yeah, yeah..."

Jinx & Nico: "Kaaay!"

Fuji: "C'mon now, don't look so sullen, Uno. Your job's really simple, and it'll be over in a flash!"

Uno: "But this place stinks of oil and it sucks! I don't want my precious hair to get damaged."

Fiji: "Alright then, how about this? If you guys do your work properly, I'll ask Hajime to let you use the bath right after."

Uno: "Really?!"

Now he was excited.

Fuji: "You too, Jinx. I'll see to it you'll get the woman's bath as soon as possible."

Jinx: "Thanks, Fuji!"

Fuji: "And, Nico, today's one of the days you're allowed to use the bath, right?"

Nico: "Yup!"

Fuji: "Then you do your best too, alright?"

Nico: "Kay, I will!"

???: "Hey, gimme a break. As if I could use the bath right after a sick person used it."

???: "Have some consideration for the people who get in afterward, yeah?"

Nico's high spirit was suddenly stamped out.

Fuji: "Sam, Kouji, there's no need to talk like that. Nico received permission from Dr Otogi, so there's no problem."

Kouji: "Heh, like I could place any trust in that. An invalid is an invalid."

I stepped forward.