Chapter One

PLEASE READ IF YOU ARE JUST STARTING.

I am re-editing this book (starting October 2020) and making some minor changes to the plot. Therefore, if you do notice some minor discrepancies I apologize in advance. I wrote this book so long ago and since my grammar has improved I do plan on taking my time editing.

As of 12/10/2020 I am 40% of the way done editing.

Thanks for reading. 5+ years later and I still take pride in this little story♥️. Please vote & comment!!

"Gotta be like ohhhhh Baaaby- Noo Baby. You got me all wrong baby, my baby's already got all of my love!"

My mom continues singing as I stop and take a deep breath. How that woman can sing a whole song in one breath amazes me.

We are driving down the road while singing Andy Grammer's Honey, I'm good. We are only about five minutes away from our destination-  the sporting goods store- to buy myself some new soccer socks.

I had thought I was all set for my senior year soccer season just a few weeks ago. Yesterday, however, I had ripped one of my socks from my last purple pair in a game. Ironically, I had debated buying an extra pair in my school colors before the season began, but my tight wallet made me optimistic I could make it through with just one. We now are taking most of the evening to drive to the closest store, which is about a half hour from where I live.

I always describe the town I live in as "sufficient size". It isn't your down-in-the-south hick town with only a few hundred people, but in no way was it a large suburb. There are only about 5,000 people in our little town of Forsbew.

I wouldn't have grown up anywhere else if given the chance. Forsbew has shaped me into the person I am today. However, I don't want to become one of those people who stay in their hometowns their whole lives. I know if I stay here and marry someone from here I'll never leave. Instead, I plan on living my life on the edge and exploring this earth. A part of me realizes the danger of this plan, the instability and uncertainty of it, but the other part of me craves the adventure. I want to be a finder of the unknown.

My mom reaches over and turns the volume down, only after she finishes singing the song, I might add.

"Jen, let's try to get in and out as quickly as possible today. I promised your father I'd be home to make dinner tonight." She says firmly.

"Do you think we could glance at the hiking boots? I want a new pair for next fall." I ask optimistically, although a part of me already knows the answer.

"Not tonight Jen. Besides, I thought we discussed you keeping your old pair one more year? Your father and I don't have the money to spare at this moment."

This wasn't exactly true, but it was a go-to line used by my parents. My mother and father combined made a very good amount of money each year, but preferred to stay on the safe side of their financial spendings.

"Okay, Mom." I reply, trying not to sound too disappointed.

We pull into the nearly empty lot and my mom parks the car near the front. Once the car is parked, I jump out and adjusting my lazy outfit of a sweatshirt and soccer pants.

The majority of people who know me would definitely describe me as a girly-girl. I keep my brunette hair long and occasionally add highlights. I only wear a slight amount of make-up, but usually won't leave the house without it. I don't like dirt or mud and you'll never see me fishing or gardening.

Even with my girly ways though, I'm still not a plastic, always-fake-looking popular girl. In fact, I'm really not that popular at all. I am social and I talk to people. I'm just not the captain of the volleyball team or part of the dance team, where most of the other popular girls reside. I have always been pleased to be simple.