| chapter thirteen |

The leaders of both Coven's watch the rebellious French girl run off towards the house

The leaders of both Coven's watch the rebellious French girl run off towards the house. Their hearts all go out to her in this very moment, especially her own Coven leaders, for knowing how much she struggles with change and her own feelings.

Carlisle lets out a hearty sigh. "It's an awful situation to be put in, especially for something so beautiful as finding your soulmate" his arm instinctively wrapped around his wife's waist.

The other agreed wholeheartedly. It was rare to find your soulmate in your human life, which is why so many never do. But even finding your other half in your extended life can be challenging. Many vampires almost avoid finding their soulmates because of the reciprocations and how it changes your whole life.

Some unlucky few find their soulmates only to lose them in death, which is usually a fate worse than death in itself.

"Honestly, we did worry this day would come," Juliette admitted pursing her lips. "Geneviève had never wanted a soulmate nor a family after everything that happened when she was human."

Henry places a hand on his wife's shoulder as she and Esme both share the same sad expression, two women both gifted with compassion and undying love for their family.

"We tried our best to make her feel a part of our family, but she could never settle herself," The red-eyed male recounted. "I'm hoping her being here with you, with her soulmate, will give her some inner peace."

Esme smiled, placing a gentle hand on Henry's arm. "We will do our best. She has two families now. Whatever happens, we'll get through it together".

The two Covens would forever be by each other's side, entwined by the love of Rosalie and Geneviève.

"Please watch over her. She is more troubled than she seems" the air is solemn at Henry's words. "She's hard work and stubborn at best, but if you manage to find common ground with her, she'll be one of the most loyal people you will ever meet."

Esme caught Juliette's silent worry, whether it was mother to mother intuition, she didn't know, but she felt it in her heart. "I'm sure everything will be ok, the girls are back together, and now we know about Geneviève's past, we can help her move on."

Juliette shook her head with a sad smile. "I'm just worried. Geneviève has a strong hatred for humans. It was the reason we moved to a quiet place in Canada. She's been in a frenzy since their bond was wearing down".

The blond vampire furrowed his eyebrow. "You haven't always been in Canada?" although having a lengthy friendship with Henry, he never knew much about his life before they met.

"When I found Geneviève in France, she was almost feral. Such a little ball of pure wrath and fire," Henry explained, reminiscing. "It took us a while to get her to trust us, but when we did, we realized being in France was only hurting her and the humans around us."