| chapter three |

Forks, Washington.

warnings: depictions of death, violence, theft, blood.

The Cullen's watch as Rosalie and the French vampire, Genevieve stare at each other as if they were trapped in their own little bubble; they all knew what this was – Soulmates bonding.

Rosalie had finally found her soulmate after looking for so long; she was made for Edward, but that didn't work out, and neither did her changing Emmett. Now here was someone they had never met, but Rose was gazing at her as if she was the rarest of diamonds.

"Genevieve? Mon ange?" The dark hair vampire comes back to the room before closing her eyes tightly and sped away, leaving them all behind. Each of them watches in shock as the door slams open and stays open as the brunette runs out of it.

Rosalie's face crumbles as she watches her world turning her back on her; she too runs but not after her mate. The Coven wince as they hear the blonde choking on her own sobs from her room.

"Carlisle, I am so sorry, my friend," Henry apologizes as the blond doctor shakes his head, having no idea what to say, this wasn't what any of them expected when they realized what was happening between the two girls.

"My Genevieve is a very troubled youngling. She holds alot of resent and anger inside of her" the dark-haired male frowned, thinking about his child, who by now was probably halfway back to Quebec.

"Why is she so angry?" Edward's voice rang out as he frowned, reading the older vampire's mind seeing all the instances of Genevieve's resentment and how she was with her' meals.'

Henry's ruby red eyes dulled for a moment as he stared at the younger man who would be forever frozen at 17. "It's a long story, my boy."

Unknown Building, France

samedi cinq
Novembre
dix-neuf trente deux

The warmth inside my heart got more and more real, warmer, and warmer. Hotter. The heat was so real it was hard to believe I imagined it, but it wasn't uncomfortable.It felt like the heat I was used to on my skin, but now it lay in my chest.

The familiarity of the burn kept me sane.

It was the pain that was the hardest thing to make it through; it was almost indescribable. It only stopped hurting when I manage to keep my body from writhing. A man's voice kept me company the first day but was gone by day 3.

I lay still while I listened to a reoccurring bump noise until it slowly faded away as I finally opened my eyes, seeing through the darkness of the room I was currently alone in.

Sitting up, I realized I was in an unfamiliar place. Gasping, I fumbled across my body and frowned when my hands came across no blood or cuts. Not even a sore bruise.

Had I fallen and bumped my head? Was I dreaming?

My eyes widened when I remembered about getting our food, but after looking around, I couldn't see any items nor my purse, my parents were going to kill me.

My parents!

They must be worried about where I was; it must be so late by now.

Getting to my feet felt much easier than before; the sleep must have done me some good, although lying in a haystack wasn't very pleasant, I can imagine. Pulling myself together, I began to run home and frowned when everything blurred around me.

Holding a hand to my head, my eyebrows knitted in confusion when I saw I was already home and breathed in to smell the flowers before another scent hit me. It wasn't overpowering like the jasmine scent, but it was enough to catch my attention.

Pushing open the door to the small cottage, I wasn't fully myself when I felt something pool into my mouth, and I certainly wasn't myself when I jumped on my poor Father's prone body listening as he screamed out when I tore into his neck.

That's when the frenzy began, and not long after, I sat in the middle of my quiet cottage sobbing a liquid as the bodies of my family lay around me, their body now empty of any blood and eyes empty of life.

"What have I done?" I sobbed, cradling my little sister in my arms as the red haze slowly receded from my eyes. Gazing around the room, I noticed everything was bloodied and a mess.

The candles on the walls cast shadows all around me as my anger began to flourish; someone had done this; they had turned me into a monster. Dropping my sister to the ground, I began to seethe.

Suddenly I remembered what happened at the market with the beggar people who were probably eating my family's food now and spending our money. Red descended over my eyes again as my anger reached a boiling point.

The flame from the candle swirled into my hand in the shape of a ball; throwing it at the wall, I let out an almighty shriek as more fire grew, the angrier I became, and nothing was stopping it.

The cottage was beginning to burn down as I stood in the middle of it, glancing into the small round mirror my mother has hung from the wall. I blinked, seeing my once sea-blue eyes were now a bright ruby red to match the blood dripping from my mouth.

I was a monster.