| chapter six |

November -

November -

Back at the beautifully designed home again, this time, I had a small box in my hand that contained a bracelet that Eva had taken me shopping to get. Juliette said that Rosalie would think it was exquisite, but I couldn't help but think it dulled next to the blonde's beauty.

Knocking on the door, I sighed, readying myself until the butterflies had me running again, jumping up into the tree and smiling. Edward answered the door with a small wave as he took the box back into the home.

'Tell her I said, I hope she likes it.'

December -

December -

Christmas, a tradition that my family was big on, but I never really took much care of before, until now. I carried a box with a lovely fur coat that Kameron had found, and Lee had helped me with it as they both commented on how awful I was at gift-giving.

Thomas taught me how to make bows so I could give the box a pretty finishing touch, but I would like to think it was the romantic in me that put it on there more than the part of me that was desperate to impress my mate.

When I stood in front of the door, I noticed a small package on the doorstep with my name written on it. Switching the two boxes, I jumped into the trees before seeing a familiar blonde stepping out. "Merry Christmas, my shy love."

Smiling to myself, I watched her go back inside the home before opening the box and see a gorgeous necklace inside with a note attached 'You're the key to my heart' I picked up the key necklace and saw a photograph of Rosalie with a heart necklace with a keyhole in it.

January -

I still wasn't ready, not even having almost been caught by them at New Years' dropping off a small gift for Rosalie. Along with my phone number, address, and a letter explaining a bit about myself and how sorry I was for not meeting her face to face properly.

I was carrying a lilac box that contained something I had been looking around for since I had started leaving Rosalie gifts. It was an old trinket box that was popular around the Rosalie lived in New York. She wrote to me about it in one of her letters, and I couldn't stop thinking about it.

Leaving it on the doorstep, I stepped back before once again hiding in the foliage as Amber answered the door with Edward trailing behind her waving at me in the bushes "anything you want us to tell her?" Amber called out as I smiled. They knew me too well now.

'Tell her it's fragile and that she deserves it.'

Edward's smile broke out as he realized what was it the box he carried through the house to my love, as she opened the gift carefully before bursting out into venom-filled tears. She immediately began showing everyone her trinket box and telling them the story of it.

 She immediately began showing everyone her trinket box and telling them the story of it

February -Valentine's day.

A day that wasn't even on my radar but now a simple day had sent me spiraling.

I wondered if Rosalie was expecting something amazing because of the day it was until Henry reminded me that Rosalie never expected anything from me except my love.

That didn't stop me from running around in a frenzy to find her something meaningful to both her and me. She had already done the 'matching couple' thing with the necklaces, which hadn't left my neck since she'd given it to me.

But now, as I carried the overly pink box containing the perfume that I had bought and the letter explaining to her about the small cottage I lived in and the jasmine flowers that smelled exactly like both her and this perfume.

Now she could see for herself how she smelled to me and how I fell more in love with her every time I smelled her scent.

The snow crunched under my boots as I made my way up to the porch thinking to myself if this was the day that I would be ready to not run this time, but as soon as I leaned down to place the gift on the doorstep, the door swung open.

My eyes widened when a familiar beautiful blonde stood in the doorway, smiling softly at me. "Uh- Valentine's day... happy day- h-happy Valentine's day," I stuttered, not expecting her to be there at the door like she was.

I would have flushed if I could when she started to giggle at my stumbling words.

"Happy valentine's day," she replied with a grin. "You know you don't have to keep giving me all these gifts."

I frowned at her words, "but then how would you know that I liked you if I didn't court you?" Rosalie lets out such a beautiful laugh that my cold dead heart felt like it skipped a beat, which obviously wasn't possible.

"In this day and age, most people go out on something called a date," The blonde explains to me as I begin to shift from foot to foot as the urge to run grows inside of me.

A date?

"Okay then, Rosalie, would you like to go on a date with me?" I asked as her smile grows wider, and her golden eyes seemed to spark with excitement.

"I'd love to."