14 - 𝘖𝘹𝘺𝘵𝘰𝘤𝘪𝘯

Do you like that? Billie says looking up at me..

I snapped back to reality from Billie's hand slowly reaching higher up my thigh as her hands gripped my leggings.

"I'm not fucking going as Fiona and Shrek, literally anything BUT that." Zoe says fed up with Jason, giving me and Bil an annoyed glare.

"Why not?? All your ideas are shit too. I'm not dressing up as Wonka you creep. What if we do ghostbusters " Jason hums the ghostbusters theme song while going through a list of Halloween n costumes written in his phone.

"Well what are you guys going as then?" Jason says as Zoe and him look up at Billie and I sitting across from them eating the surprisingly good cheese pizza from the cafeteria.

"For what? You guys are dressing up? We don't even have school that day." I'm kinda confused as to why they are dressing up, I mean were in grade 12 I think it's a little late to go trick or treating isn't it?

"Billie, why didn't you tell her? Halloween is like in two days, aren't you going to dress up together?." Zoe asks, stealing a fry from my plate.

"Ask me what?" I look up to Billie whose head is resting on her hand, looking gorgeous as always.

"I told you Maddy, we're all going to Stephen Jackson's house on Halloween on the phone the other day." She insists, slightly over stuffing her face with food.

"UH you did not say that but okay, who is he anyways?" The only thing I recall her saying over the phone was something about the moon.

"He graduated a couple  years ago but he throws the biggest Halloween parties every year. They are crazy , probably the biggest event we have all year." Jason says excitedly.

"Mhmm they are so fun! Remember 2 years ago Billie-"

"Zoe! Shut up and close your mouth when you eat. You know that shit gets on my nerves." Billie cuts her off looking slightly annoyed.  What happened two years ago?

"Wait, so do I have to be invited? Or is it a big thing everyone goes to?" I'm not going to lie, house parties make me nervous, plus the way Jason and Zoe are talking about it, makes it seem like such a huge thing for such  a small town.

"Nooo noo. The other high school across town goes too, not just Clearwater." Jason says making me even more anxious to be at a party with hundreds of people.

"Is he really popular? Ew please tell me he isn't one of those frat guys." I ask looking over to Bil.

"Kinda I mean he's cool though, him and Finn used to be friends back in elementary." She says, looking at me.

I look into Billie's eyes for a moment remembering what had happened at the air b&b last week. She looks into mine, her eyes sparkling from the light shining through the huge window behind us. Time stops when I look at her. I admire her watching the corners of her mouth curve up into a smile , almost as if she is thinking of the exact same moment.

"Yeah I heard some guys saying apparently he is going all out this year, since he had to skip a year." Jason tells us as Robin and Alison sit down to join us.

I still cannot even look at Ali without feeling disgust...she knows the truth about Scar.

"Why did he have to skip last year?" I ask in confusion as the table suddenly gets quiet and makes everyone look nervous.

"His cousin Sarah went missing last year...they still don't know where she went." Billie says while everyone sits there in silence. Sarah Jackson? I think that was the girl on the missing flyer I saw the first day here.