16 - 𝘗𝘳𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘺 𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘤𝘳𝘺

The bright violet blue flames carved along her delicate hip bone burned into my eyes. Everywhere my eyes travelled so did the flame, making sure not only my vision but my heart would not forget the sight of it.

I wanted nothing more to forget last night but I couldn't. Even when I shut my eyelids and tried to sleep, it replayed in my head like a broken record.

I wanted it to be a dream, but it wasn't.

I couldn't think or speak. My lips stuttered when I lied to my mom that me and Billie got into a fight when she picked me up from that hell house late last night. Which were also the last words I spoke since then.

It feels like all of this happened moments ago despite the fact I have not had a single second of rest.

I walked over the ripped black sheer outfit I wore a few hours ago and made my way down the creaky wooden stairs in my sweats to the empty dull kitchen. My parents still went to work on Saturdays, so I am used to waking up alone in silence.

There was a slice of toast with some butter and strawberry jam spread on top, I'm assuming my mom made it for me. I opened the garbage lid and watched it slide slowly off the plate.

I have no appetite, I can't eat when my entire body feels like crumbling to pieces.

I slugged over to the couch and put my phone on the coffee table in front of me. I sat down staring at the wall not knowing what to do. My brain feels as if someone blended it in a mixer and shoved it back into my skull.

Memories of Billie floated around my head every second since last night.  I remember seeing a scar or a scratch on her hip the first night we slept together and my stupid mind didn't even think anything of it. I completely forgot those tattoos were even possible to ink on someone.

How could she do this?

The most infuriating thing was that besides everything else, she lied to me.

She lied about not really knowing Scar or bullying her, she never told me she had a matching tattoo with Alison when I told her I saw Ali's at the cabin. What else did she lie about?

Did she know who I was at the airport?

I got some water for my dry throat and sat back down onto the beige couch , turning on the tv with the remote on the table.

I watched the news channel as I struggled to swallow the lukewarm water in the heavy mug I held in my weak hands. Every part of me feels weak.

"Early this morning ClearWater officials rushed to the scene where 72 year old Carson Wilbur  was found dead in his bakery by a local resident."

My eyes shoot up to the Tv when I hear his name on the screen. Mr. Wilbur?...The sweet man from the ice cream shop I visited last week, died..?

"Resident Sharon West was on her way to pick up pastries around 8 am this morning when the Clearwater sheriff department answered her call. Mr. Wilbur passed late last night after closing his shop. Officials have realized  that the cause of death was  poison after testing the cup of cookie dough ice cream found on the floor near late Wilbur. Everything in the store has been tested for poison and have all come back negative besides the one fatal cookie dough ice cream laced with traces of  arsenic."

I thought about the last time I saw him when he offered to pay for my ice cream. Poor Mr. Wilbur he was such a sweet person I wonder who would do such a terrible thing to some innocent old man. The world is messed up.

I take my mug and travel back upstairs. Walking up and hearing all the creaks under every footstep exhausted me in more ways than I thought it ever could. Walking up a few steps felt like a lifetime.