Day One: Part Two

Word count →_→  1875 words

☣️☣️☣️

Emilia could not stop herself from gawking as she beheld the marvel that was the castle. She had often heard of the beautiful castles in Transylvania but none of the descriptions truly captured this particular castle's ethereal appearance. She was so caught up in the beauty that she did not she as the older woman approached her.

"Emilia Larsson." The woman called out to her.

It was only then that Emilia turned her attention to the woman before her.

"Madam Giovanni, it's such an honor to meet you." She said, literally fangirling. And with good reason.

Everyone in the field of medicine knew who Natalia Giovanni was. This woman had revolutionized the field so much, her male counterparts were in awe. Plus she was an inspiration to every other woman. To meet her in the flesh was something short of a dream for Emilia.

"The honor is mine, Miss Larsson. I've heard a bit about you." The older woman said with a smile.

"Oh please, it's hardly anything compared to your achievements." Emilia said. "You became a top Neuro surgeon and as if that wasn't enough you took on the world of politics that for a while now has been male dominated. There aren't that many female presidents and yet you give those men a run for their money. You are literally my role model."

"Thank you, but you're still a budding rose whereas I have reached my peak." The red haired woman said with a warm smile. "I expect great things from you."

"I hope to live by your example." Emilia replied, returning the older woman's smile.

"Come, let's get you familiarized with your new work environment." Natalia Giovanni said as she turned to lead the way.

"My work environment? Pardon me, ma'am." Emilia began, making the other woman stop and turn to her attention. "I was under the impression that I was here for a face to face interview."

"Oh yes, that was the original plan." She explained. "But we were pressed for time, so the panel had to choose one candidate using the Skype interview. You were our top candidate, Miss Larsson."

It took her a minute to process the news but when she did, Emilia finally broke into a smile.

"Thank you, Madam Giovanni. I won't let you down." She said.

Natalia simply nodded as she turned and continued walking.

"You'll be working with our lead Research and Development scientist, Doctor Daniel Rudolph and his team in his testing of his COVID-19 cure. Your role will be to ensure that all the necessary procedures are followed either by watching via surveillance cameras or by being on the ground as they perform their clinical trials. Although I would like to believe a combination of both will be the most effective.

You'll be performing infection control audits to ensure the facility is in compliance with CDC and local regulations concerning infection control or standard universal precautions. You are also to report any accidents or incidents to me as and when they occur. I expect a daily report on the proceedings of the trials. The rest of your duties shall be outlined in a terms and guidelines document that has been uploaded to your iCloud."

"Understood." Emilia said as she made sure to digest this information.

"Your belongings have been taken to your living quarters. Everything else you need will be acquired for you by our procurement and operations teams." Madam Giovanni continued.