Day Three : Part One

Words count →_→ 1501 words

☣️☣️☣️

He had never been so hungry. Or thirsty. His throat felt raw as he took deep breaths. He had no strength left in his limbs. If he continued this way, he would surely die but the thought of the food they brought him made him sick.

His mate made her way towards him, a banana in one palm. She tried to make him eat it but he merely pushed her away. He needed to eat, to drink, but how was he supposed to do that if his body was rejecting every morsel of food that was given to him.

Yet every passing second, his hunger and his thirst grew.

He watched as a female ape made it's way to him. His daughter. She was fussing over him, trying to get him to eat. However, he had no interest in her. He just wanted to be left alone.

The more she fussed over him the more he got annoyed. He felt like he was about to explode with anger.

"Hey, you dumb monkey. Why won't you eat already!" Came the voice of the human who was tending to him.

The human was also annoying. He came with a large stick and began to poke at him through the thick metal bars.

"Get up already. I've had it with you big dumb monkey!" The man said as he threw open the gate to the cage.

Closing it behind him, the man stomped towards him and when he got to him, he crouched down to face him.

"Hey, monkey, how long are you planning on playing dumb?" The man asked. "Do I have to stop feeding you for you to stop playing..."

It was a second, maybe even less but he didn't even see what had just happened. The man was suddenly clutching his neck, eyes wide in terror as the blood dripped from between his fingers.

Usually the sight of blood caused him to panic however as he saw the man bleed in front of him, his stomach cramped in hunger. Without knowing what he was doing, he threw himself onto the man, pinning him down.

As the man struggled with whatever feeble strength he had left, he bit into his neck, tasting the man's blood. The more he drank the sweet crimson nectar, the more he felt rejuvenated.

He could hear a commotion around him but nothing else mattered to him except his prey. Clamping his jaw shut, he tore open the man's neck, chewing on the chunk of flesh...

Alex, wake up.

He woke with a start, his heart beating. For a moment, Alex felt disoriented. Everything around him was spinning as he tried to focus.

"Alex, can you hear me?"

It was Misty. She hovered over him, her face laced with concern. Her voice sounded like an echo, almost as if it were coming from underwater. He could feel his head clearing but his heart beat did not drop.

"His temperature has risen again." He heard her say to someone.

What's going on? He thought to himself.

"His blood oxygen levels have fallen bellow 92%. We may need to administer oxygen." She continued.

I can still taste the blood in my mouth. And the flesh...

"Alex, look at me." Misty called to him.

But it was just a dream, right?

He felt the bile rise in his mouth and before he could react, he found himself throwing up. Misty hurried to help him up, to ease his pain but nothing seemed to stop his insides from coming back out.