23: shenanigans at the butterfly estate

A/N: Hello there! I'm back from the dead once again to make new chapters. I apologize for being extremely active again. I mean, look at the date of the last published chapter. Not so great, right? So yeah, I'm very sorry for leaving y'all with a cliffhanger again. Hehe, you see how I repeated 'again?' Exactly. But before I continue the fanfic, I think I should state some updates.

As you can all see, I've been very busy with my personal life. I am currently preparing myself for college next year, and so, maybe it's not exactly the right time for me to do this. But hey, I can at least make the most of my last moments of casual high school by doing something fun- I hope that I'll manage my spare time in writing new chapters, especially since the anime is now at the Entertainment District arc. I've read all your feedback (the previous 'chapter'), and I have to thank everyone for supporting this fanfic. Also, your comments are hella funny!

I was originally gonna rewrite all of my chapters because I was cringing so hard on my writing. So far, I'll try to change the inconsistencies I made with some of the characters. I already fixed Kaigaku's intro in the fanfic so far but there are hella more that I need to fix. But going back to the topic about rewriting my chapters, I also thought that I shouldn't change it at all.

I like to think that it's nice to see how much my writing has evolved through the years.

Other than that, I think that's all that I have to say for now. Hopefully, more updates will come soon. Once again, thank you so much for the positive feedback for this fanfic!

- Author-chan :))

// - // - // - //

chapter twenty-three
shenanigans at the butterfly estate

Meanwhile, the Butterfly Estate was already in a bit of a pickle. Well, it was specifically Tanjiro who was in a pickle. It's not exactly the most difficult problem. With the exception of the cute demon who kept sleeping inside her box, there clearly was no demon lurking in the shadows. Perhaps the only qualified "demon" in the house was the blonde man named Zenitsu, who just made quite a rampage across the narrow corridors. Flailing his still ever-so-small arms through his sleeves, he kept bawling like a little kid. The rasped and hoarse sound from his throat indicated that he had been screaming for who knows when. 

He had obviously been wailing ever since his so-called "tsuma" left the estate, which happened earlier this morning. The current time was close to lunch, and so perhaps the tolerance level of whoever lived in the mansion is something that should be acknowledged more. Creaks of the hardwood floor echoed throughout the mansion as Zenitsu made such an immature mess of himself. Tanjiro followed behind him in a flash. His socks darting to pursue the yellow-haired boy, although the slippery surface of the floor made it a little bit hard to keep balance without collapsing. Striving to reach his roguish hands out to stop him from his trace, he tried to reason the seemingly dumb blonde. But alas, Tanjiro was again out of reach. Inosuke tagged along as well, but of course he had no good explanation other than "chasing his prey for lunch."

"Zenitsu, can we please talk about this like normal human beings?" Tanjiro asked while he kept his pace, making sure he wouldn't slip like a banana peel in a go-kart game. 

"What's 'normal?' Let's eat him instead!!" proposed Inosuke, readying himself to charge at the crying dandelion.. to which Tanjiro, surprised and shocked, disapproved immediately.

"IDIOT COUNTRY BUMPKINS," Zenitsu screamed again as he kept running in circles around Shinobu's property with an entourage, "YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW I FEEL RIGHT NOW!!"

"Have you lost your senses?" questioned hanafuda boy with a worried look on his face. In return, Zenitsu hardly made a proper a response, and just chose "perhaps" as a good answer.