12: saving zenitsu agatsuma, or so she thought

a/n - Sometimes, I'm suprised how productive I am to make so much chapters in one day. Enjoy them!

- -

electrifying | kimetsu no yaiba

chapter twelve
saving zenitsu agatsuma
(or so she thought)

While running, (y/n) encountered a pair of demon slayers who both wore masks and had a crest linen indicating themselves as medics.

She informed the two about the injured Inosuke, whom she left behind under the care of professional medical assistance. They both nodded firmly as they ran the other side, ready to rescue the poor boar.

She came across Shinobu, who hovered around the forest like a legit butterfly, gracefully flapping her "wing-like" sleeves of her haori as she took big pounces into the air. Small spider creatures whose heads resembled human faces ran away from the young girl as she hopped on each of them as if they were just ants.

'Seems like she's enjoying this,' pondered (y/n), watching what seemed like a Godzilla movie scene.

Then (y/n) heard a familiar high-pitched screaming coming from one side of this densely horrifying forest. This just made her pulse beat faster as she automatically made a run for it towards that specific direction.

She had zero idea why she immediately thought about what she was doing, but she had no time to think nor reconsider. All she knew that he was probably in big danger.

(y/n) entered an open field of the mountain. There were less trees growing in there, so she was able to see the stars that glimmered in the night sky. Then, she caught a glance of a rundown abandoned shack that was woven with spiderwebs, and this was towering on top of her like a fancy chandelier. On the ground were bulks and chunks of wooden planks that seemed like they belonged to the said shack, but were all vigorously torn away from the building.

She saw swarms of human-head spider creatures that looked like the ones that Shinobu was happily stepping earlier. But they were all surrounding around a specific tree, which housed you-know-who. He made no movement nor reaction, so it's best assumed that he had just passed out from.. them.

The spider demon, who also had a human as his head, was hiding inside the old shack, taking a sneaky peek on his newfound victim.

"Minions, charge!" he whispered as he instructed the spider swarm to turn their freakishly weird heads to (y/n). The spider creatures suddenly and menacingly crawled towards her.

(y/n) unsheathed her blade as soon as these spiders came closer to her,
"Thunder Breathing, Second Form.."

When the spider creatures were about to surprisingly jump onto (y/n), they just gave the demon slayer some perfect timing for her next move.

She jumped along with the spiders as she commenced her second form.

"..Rice Spirit!" she stated as five straight lightning bolts struck from her blade and outbursted the creatures who mustered their strength to pounce and attack (y/n).

Landing on the ground, she sensed the sound of someone hysterically cackling inside the floating wooden shack. Out came the large spider with the head of a middle-aged man, who still kept on cackling like a maniac.

"Finally, we're getting into the good stuff!" creepily grinned the spider demon, rocking himself backwards and forwards with his web spew.

(y/n) changed her fighting stance.

"Yeah, and I guess you should probably go get some popcorn," she said, playing with the demon's game.

"I've got plenty of popcorn here," drooled the spider demon as he neared closer to (y/n), "It's small-sized, and it's packing with flavor."