1: arrival at the wisteria house - [tsuzumi mansion arc]

electrifying | kimetsu no yaiba

chapter one
arrival at the wisteria house

(Y/N) was just strolling through the forest, minding her own business through the trees, until she had come across a household that had the scent of wisteria flowers. It had an enormous, wooden gate that had the same flower as a crest imprinted on it.

She smiled to herself since wisterias were her favorite kind of flowers. They reminded her of home, and anything positive. The soothing scent of the area calmed her down from past assignments she had difficulty in facing recently.

She stumbled slightly when she heard the clicking sound of the gate opening. Clutching on her white satchel bag, she saw a rather old lady, with a compassionate smile, come out of the house to greet her.

For respect, (y/n) bowed lightly as soon as the woman approached her. The old lady bowed back.

"I see that another demon slayer has come to the household," sighed the old lady in a calming tone.

(y/n) asked gently, tilting her head,
"So, there are more swordsmen?"

"Just three of them, sweet girl," she replied, "Although, they are causing quite a ruckus right now."

'Is that so?' pondered (y/n) in her head. She was aware that her crow assigned her to stay in this particular wisteria house. However, she didn't want herself to be a burden for the old lady, now that she already has three slayers on the palm of her hands.

"I promise that I won't be as much of a burden, madam," bowed (y/n).

"That's alright, sweetheart. It's our family's pleasure to be at service with the Demon Slayer Corps. Don't worry about a thing with me while you're here at the house, okay?"

The old lady's voice somehow turned more soothing and more comfortable. For (y/n), she reminded her of Jigoro, her beloved grandfather who took her in when her parents were eaten by demons. She reminded her of those times when her grandfather reassured her during those harsh times of both the grief of her parents, and the difficult training she had. That there was still hope even if things went a little too downhill.

The feeling and thought comforted (y/n) down to the bones.

"Thank you, madam!" thanked (y/n) with a beaming smile that made the old lady smile back too.

Then the lady took (y/n) into the wisteria household. The courtyard was absolutely beautiful with the arrangement of the wisteria trees and the flower beds. There was a pond that stood nearby one of the trees, and it had the most colorful kois (y/n) had ever seen in her life.

"You can call me Hisa since we'll be staying together in a couple more days," spoke the old woman.

"Okay then, Ms. Hisa-san," replied (y/n), still minding her elders.

>> >>

>> >>

"Young boys, it looks like we have another visitor in the house."

Maybe Hisa-san was correct with one thing about these three demon slayers. It seemed like (y/n) had accidentally entered in the middle of an argument between them. They froze themselves as if they were playing musical statues, and the music stopped playing.

They were all dressed in white robes. There was a burgundy-haired boy who wore hanafuda earrings; he looked like he was trying hard to take off what seemed to be a boar mask of another person. That person, on the other hand, had his surprisingly muscular arms wrapped around the neck of a weak and frail boy whose hair looked like some potato fries.

Something about the third boy's hair reminded (y/n) of her grandfather's signature yellow-to-orange robe. That strange memory made her smile unconsciously, making her thinking about home again.

(Here's a Taisho secret! (y/n) often gets homesick during her travels!)

Her smile affected the boy with the yellowish hair. Through his pale, brown eyes, he was staring at a fairy goddess. He admired the simple but lovely features of this goddess, not noticing the heat growing in his face.

The hanafuda boy stopped what he was doing, and respectfully bowed in the presence of (y/n) and Hisa-san.

"I'll leave you all four here while I go whip up some tempuras and onigiris!" spoke Hisa-san as she slid the door close as she left the room.

(y/n) stared at the hanafuda earring boy. His forehead was kind of big and it had a visible scar, which made his head look like a cracked egg.

Besides all that, he seemed to radiate an energy that (y/n) could rely on. He seemed like a genuine kind of person.

"It's nice to meet you!" greeted the burgundy boy with widening eyes and a sweet smile on his face, "I'm Tanjiro Kamado, in the Mizunoto rank!"

He raised his head to look over to the remaining two demon slayers,
"This is Inosuke Hashibira, and this is Zenitsu Agatsuma. Both of them are also in the Mizunoto rank."

"That's Pumbaa to you, Gonpachiro!" yelled the boy in the boar mask, accidentally letting go of the Zenitsu boy who fell hard on the floor.

"Excuse me. Can you please snap out of it, Inosuke?" said Tanjiro, trying to avoid his rash movement and behavior while trying to keep up a good, clean impression.

They were about to argue once more, until (y/n) unintentionally coughed. The two boys stopped fighting, and they looked straight at the girl, thinking that she was was about to say something. (y/n) gulped shyly.

It was (y/n)'s time for introduction.

"My name is Tsuma Kazue," began (y/n) with her chosen alias identity, "I'm in the Tsuchinoe rank, and it's also a pleasure to meet you all too."

She gave off her signature smile, and this hit Zenitsu a little too hard again, which made him pass out. He laid there on the tatami mats unconscious, which frightened (y/n) a bit.

(y/n) immediately rushed to the fainted boy and held him up to her knees to make sure he was breathing well while being unconscious.

"Does he have a weak health condition?" asked (y/n) to the boys, who also leaned in for Zenitsu.

"Not that I know of," answered Tanjiro, not entirely sure if his friend really did have some faults, "But I'm pretty sure he's not passing out because of that, Kazue-san."

"That's because he's a simp!" screamed Inosuke again at the top of his still surprisingly beefy lungs.

"Will you cut it out, Inosuke?!" triggered Tanjiro, "Also, what are you trying to say? I can't even understand a thing you're saying!"

"GAHH!" cried Inosuke, sneaking up a punch on Tanjiro's face, to which he blocked with his hand.

That's how (y/n) met the three caballeros, who will all turn out to be her closest traveling companions.

end