xl. serenity.

Warning!!⚠️ this chapter has the following trigger warnings:
(fake)Bullying
Threats
Self-harm(scars)
it starts at the flashback, so if you want to skip it, feel free! i'll put what it was about at the end of the chapter.

Third Person POV...

The night went as it was supposed to, with the king seething, the Wizard King sheepishly grinning, and the young prince looking at [Name] and her friends curiously.

How could commoners be so strong? Was what Uncle- Father always told me wrong?

[Name] just stood, smiling. Showing off to the shitty king was more fulfilling than she'd expected. And that young boy next to him must be her brother- apparently, he'd never come out before due to a weak composition.

It's clearly bullshit though.

Aside from that, someone in the crowd stared at [Name]- obsessively almost- having flashbacks of the past. The last life they'd met each other in.

Flashback...

Serenity went insane.

So many lives together, and yet she was still the only one who remembered. 'If I kill myself again, will she remember? It worked last time, but then we just reset, so that's a no-go. What if I kill someone else?'

'What if I kill her?'

'Maybe the next life we share, she'll remember me in the beginning. It doesn't matter if she ends up resenting me.'

'I just need her to remember.'

It was set in a classroom. The sun glared through the windows, blinding those who looked outside of it. It's break time, and only three girls are still in the classroom. One of which, was Serenity- the Gods' little sister. (more info on her at the bottom)

"If she gets hurt, I'll kill you two."

The two girls in front of her visibly shivered, and nodded, wondering who this person was for her to threaten them like that. Well, in the end, the two were going to get their money and leave.

Hopefully, they'd live long enough to receive it.

The unnamed girls were surprised when Serenity came to them to ask for a favor. She'd always been quiet during class- that is until [Name] came. Serenity, that shy, white-haired girl, quickly went to [Name] and tried to become friends. It was successful, as she([Name]) was a kind person. Everyone liked her.

But it was almost like Serenity was waiting for her to come.

"W-when-" the girl stops to clear her throat. "When should we start, Serenity..?" They weren't mean people. They just so desperately needed the money Serenity was offering. It would probably get them expelled but...

"Start now, she's coming," Serenity's harsh tone is unwavering.

'Shit, we should've never agreed to this,' they both think. But they were terrified; the look on Serenity's face when they hesitated at her question was not one they'd want to see again.

"Y-you-!" One of them raises her hands, adopting a cruel facade. 'I guess my training to become an actress is paying off,' she thinks.

Serenity flinches, bringing her hands up to shield her face, putting a fearful look in her eyes. Raising her arms caused her sleeves to roll up, making it so some scars were seen. The two girls' eyes widened even further. Just what were they doing... and for some cash? No matter how rude Serenity was, they couldn't just-