Ⅲ. 𝕋𝕠 𝕥𝕙𝕖 ℝ𝕠𝕪𝕒𝕝 ℂ𝕒𝕡𝕚𝕥𝕒𝕝 𝕠𝕗 𝕥𝕙𝕖 ℂ𝕝𝕠𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕂𝕚𝕟𝕘𝕕𝕠𝕞!

First Person POV...

Father Orsi is crying. Yup. Real, big fat tears are rolling down his face as we speak. My parents are still gone but I doubt they would send me off themselves. I frown. They've been gone more and more. I've been hearing stories of bandits around, so I'm a smidge worried for them.

"YUNOOO! [NAME]!" I jolt when I hear my name. "MAKE SURE TO WRITE BACK AND DONATE! ASTA, WE CAN HAVE A TATOE FEAST WHEN YOU COME BACK!" Father sobs. I shake my head and go to hug him.

"I'll miss you too, Father. Thank you for raising me." He wraps his arms around me and continues sobbing. I cringe at the amount of snot on my shirt. I unwrap my arms from Father and look at Nash. He's talking with Asta about "if we make it in" or something.

Nash turns to me and I give him a pat on the head. "[Name] here is gonna make it! If anyone of us comes back, we have to do the chores for 4 months. Deal?" I grin brightly and tilt my head, my hair moving behind me. Nash mumbles a quiet yes and says that I would definitely be able to make it. I chuckle, "We won't know for sure now, will we?" Gotta act humble.

Yuno clears his throat. Time to go. I rise, dusting off my pants, and give the church a once-over. Man, I'm gonna miss it for a while.

We give our final goodbyes and turn towards the Capital. That might be where we stay from now on.

"I'LL JOIN THE MAGIC KNIGHTS, RENOVATE THAT SHABBY CHURCH, AND BECOME THE WIZARD KING! I'LL SHOW YOU ALL THAT EVEN PEASANTS LIKE US CAN MAKE IT!!"

"You forgot that I was going to become the Wizard King, Asta."

"You're both mistaken. I'm becoming the Wizard Queen. Believe it!" (cringing)

We continue our childish banter as we begin our trek towards the Capital. Our first step to becoming the Wizard King.

✵✧✶

The trip to the capital was long and arduous, but we eventually made it.

"WOOOOAAAAHHH!" Asta and I yell in unison. Yuno sighs and I can tell her thought that we were kids. But I couldn't help it! It was so big! I clench my ring on my string as I feel eyes on us. I give myself a once-over. My (f/c) short-sleeved shirt looked fine and I wore a pair of black high-waisted shorts. They're my best pieces of clothing. ((f/c) means favorite color) I had my arm guard on too, as always.

I thought I looked okay, so I just shrugged it off. However, I couldn't help but hear what they were saying.

"Look at those dirty peasants."

"Look at their clothes."

"The girl looks cute, I guess."

"Well, now that you say it, she kind of looks like-"

"Shush! I know what you're about to say! We're not supposed to talk about her. You know what happens."

I continue walking, and even though I was curious about who they were talking about, the exam came first. For now at least.

"GWUAAAAAHHHHH!" I flinch when I see Asta eating a grilled snake? He notices my stare. "You want some, [Name]? It's actually really good." I shake my head. I don't like the look of that snake. "Are you sure? You're usually a glutton."

I smile, but my eyebrows twitch, showing how annoyed I am. "Asta."

 The said boy begins sweating profusely. I start to walk over to him before Yuno suddenly throws me over his shoulder. Why? Ask the man himself. "Yuno! Put me down." My face heats up, not just because of the blood rushing to my head, but because his hand was right under my gluteus Maximus. I could easily break free but, it's a lot of effort- Nah, I'm just lazy. (i laughed so hard, but it's your butt LMFAO)