Chapter 1

A lot had happened in Marinette's life over the years yet she never thought this would be what she was doing with her life.

Here she was opening her coffee shop at 6 in the morning like she had been doing for the past month.

Where had her life gone wrong? Oh right, the first day of year 8, when a crazy designer decided that he couldn't get over his wife's death and instead should bring her back from the dead.

Why out of every person was she chosen to bear the fate of 16 gods attached to pieces of jewelry. Along with the responsibility she was a child.

Things had changed a lot in 3 years, she use to have a home, family, friends, and had a great future ahead of her and so many dreams she planned on achieving.

Now she was living in the most crime ridden city in the world, had absolutely no one, and was completely alone and owned her own coffee shop.

At least she had a full set of jewelry and they were hidden away. After all the bad luck she had while wearing a miraculous that resented good luck she switched Tikki with Plagg.

Why wear the one meant for good luck, when she only got the opposite.

Plagg was very different from Tikki but it was a nice change, she would still let Tikki out of the box when she needed advice on important decisions but otherwise, no other kwami left the box except Wayz and Plagg.

Wayz was good at the whole business thing and had learned from Master Fu as he had owned a tea shop before he passed down the box to her.

The reason she was alone was simply that a liar had come into her life and decided to turn everyone against her.

Even went as far as to lie to her parents, so she let the liar win what was the point, to fight back when she had nothing to fight for. She was done, she was done with Paris.

She was done with akumas, liars, and most importantly people that would just use her.

So taking the horse miraculous she opened a portal and ended up in Gotham, using some money she had saved up she bought a small building that was just on the dangerous side of Gotham.

She was fine with it as she had the miraculous safely hidden away as a simple sketchbook. Apparently, you could change its shape to keep it hidden, Wayz had taught her and now it was hidden along with many other sketchbooks.

Where only she could tell it apart from all the others.

The reason she enjoyed living on the dangerous side was so she could slip out as Lady Noir easier.

Some had seen her before and thought she was Catwoman whoever that was, but at least no one had gotten a clear view, but a few days ago she had come across one of the city's heroes.

They might have known she was there as they looked around, but found nothing.

Even though she was retired she would help out around the city by leaving street kids blankets or some food while they didn't notice.

She had also stopped a couple of muggings here and there but nothing to get her much attention after all the last thing she wanted was to be seen by the big bat.

So as any other day she flipped the sign from closed to open and went back to the counter to make herself a cup of coffee.