Chapter 8

Tim felt worried that night when he returned to the cave after patrol he went straight to Jason who was polishing one of his guns.

"Why'd you want to see me replacement?" he asked looking up from the gun in his hand placed it along with the rag onto the bench beside him.

"Well I have this friend. She's the shop owner of that coffee shop. I really like, the one called Le cafe du chat."

He spoke only to get interrupted, "oh yeah marinette, what about her?" he said Tim looked up "you know her?" he asked surprised, "yeah, she makes this great earl grey tea, I buy a bag of her tea every few weeks, when I run out".

"Well you know she kind of lives on your turf on the edge of the safe side, she was nearly mugged tonight a guy pulled her into an alley when she was leaving the cafe, I was kind of hopping you could maybe-"

"Look after you girlfriend, no problem trust me she'll be fine especially if it's my turf nobody wants to get involved with red hood unless they want trouble" Jason responded.

"Thanks, Jay, that would be wonderful- wait do you say girlfriend Marinetts not my girlfriend" he stated.

"You sure you spend quite a bit of time at the cafe, the other day Alfred was worried cause you never came back from the company and when they looked for you they couldn't find you in the building but down the street at a cafe" he reasoned.

"I don't spend that much time at the cafe '' Tim reasoned, "you do Timbo and I suspect it's not just the coffee that gets your attention" Jason said, grabbing his gun and walking over to his bike.

"Now if you'll excuse me I have things to do" he said before the bike revved out of the cave

Jason was the furthest thing from correct the chance that he had feelings for Mrinette were highly unlikely which still meant there was a chance and when he said he had no feelings for her at all heh was already lying to himself.

Of course he had feelings for her. They were friends after all and friends had feelings of fondness for her and a likeness. How else could he be friends with her if he didn't even like as a person.

One thing was for sure, he needed coffee and badly it might have been 2 in the morning but coffee was always a solution even if he needed to find where Alfred had hid it.

Or there was also uber eats I mean they could probably be open and willing to deliver coffee at this time of night right.

All he needed to figure out now where his phone was to order himself a very large cup of coffee or possibly multiple, they wouldn't be as good as Marinette's but right now all he needed was coffee and a lot of it.