Chapter 5

The two talked away for a good hour or two about different coffee recipes, till Tim got a worried call from WE about them asking him if he was ok as he hadn't shown up for a meeting.

He had never missed a meeting before so there was chaos going at the company all of which wondering if anything had happened to the child CEO.

Saying goodbye to Marinette he left back to the cafe, with him gone she found a few more recipes online that she planned to check out tomorrow.

She spent the next 30 minutes just scrolling through her phone hoping a customer would pop up until she had nearly a full shop.

It was the lunch hour and the store was filled with both men and women in business clothes and what looked like students that dropped by for lunch.

Rush hour was busy and Marinette working there completely alone made things harder, but now that she had been open for a month or two she had complete control of things and knew her locals from first timers pretty well.

She would have their orders being made while she had attended to other customers. Passing her regulars their orders they happily said thank you handing her their payment.

By the time rush hour was over she had finished an entire bag of coffee beans and her display case was empty all of her new treats were bought.

An hour past and most people would have had lunch by the cafe was empty, so Marinette decided to eat her own lunch. The afternoon was spent with her thinking of new coffee ideas and she already had an idea for who the lucky taste tester would be.