Chapter 40

I stay quiet. As quiet as an Alpha can be when angered. Growls promising to make an appearance if these rogues don't behave like they should in a situation like this.

"Why are you on my land?" I walk around the three men in a full circle.

"Oh, so we can't have a little fun with some of your females," one decided to taunt. The other two snicker in amusement. I narrow my eyes dangerously.

Threatening an Alpha is one thing, but threatening an Alpha's pack members is another. I walk up to the one who spoke. My Warriors on high alert if they tried to make a move on me. Alphas are important so of course their instincts scream at them to protect me, but I didn't need their help although it was refreshing to know I wasn't alone.

Licking my lips, arms crossed, I tilt my head to the side as I inspect them. Their bodies are dirty and smelt awful.

The one who spoke gasped after the sound of someone being hit resounded off the trees. I was too fast for them to follow.

"If I were you," I threaten in a low, gruff voice, "I would shut my fucking mouth because if you don't then I will chop your dick off and shove it down your throat, then we'll see if you can have some fun with any female."

"That's my girl."

I freeze.

The voice sending shivers down my back. Seems like Vincent finally decided to join us after his little fit and ran away like a kid. Yeah, I should have told Vincent about my past but I had my reasons for not wanting to mention the memories that still haunt me to this day. At least he should have given me some time to explain myself.

Ignoring him, I focus on the situation in front of me instead of other disturbing thoughts.

They visibly gulp as I get closer. Vincent growls a warning for me to not get any closer. Ha! Now he wants to be here? Please!

"Do you know what territory you are in? And do you know what Alpha you just threatened?" Beta Anthony stands by my side as he fires questions, towering over me with his massive built as he stands close.

"No."

"Alpha Ronnie of the Shadow Blood pack."

Their heart beat had stopped for a second before it began to pound like crazy. Turning to face me I see that their faces are sickly pale.

"A-are y-you . . . . "

"Yes she is, and I am King Vincent. I am pretty sure that you have heard of us so I suggest that you leave before I tear you limb from limb for disrespecting my Beloved."

I feel heart broken all over again. This is it, I guess, he is just going to say he's with me while there is still danger. I don't even know why he's here if he wanted a 'break' in the first place. Swallowing the pain, I listen.

"The Alpha of the Shadow Blood pack," one whispered unbelievably, eyes wide.

"If any of you ever come back, we'll be sure to make it fun. Fun for us, not you!" Seth snarled while pushing them to the floor in their shocked state.

Once they realize that I was allowing them to leave they up and left as if their asses were on fire. Pathetic.

I turn to face my Warriors and smile, avoiding a certain pair of eyes. "Let's head home."

Cheers broke out through the crowd as we started to leave.

"Did we miss anything?" came a nasty voice behind us. I stop dead in my tracks, Warriors as well, and slowly turn to see a man of probably in his mid-thirties walk out from the shadows with at least thirty to forty men following.