Chapter 20

I could hear deep intake of breath's as I lay half asleep. I wanted to open my eyes but I couldn't. Not while I was sleepy as hell. I hum with satisfaction due to the fact that I slept well last night. It's like I've been awakened; surrounded by peacefulness.

Opening my eyes I come face to face with Emmett. A sad smile tugs at the corner of my mouth. I take in his appearance. This may be the last time I might see him in a long time. Emmett may be twenty one, but he looked much older than he was, with his broad shoulders and strong jaw. But at the same time, he's looks younger, he's more boyish, yet tall as hell. His dark curly hair was just above his ear, and if he had his eyes opened, then they'd be seal brown.

My attention was interrupted when a deep growl went around the room. Looking around the room until I located where the growl was coming from, my heart fluttered. Vincent was leaning on the wall in the doorway. He had on black jeans that hung lose around his waist with a black T-shirt that clung to his muscled chest and arms like an extra pair of skin. Oh baby! Yummy!

"What's up, buttercup?" I asked teasingly. Stretching and sitting up, I quickly woke Bruce and Emmett.

"Ellie." Vincent's voice was low and laced with anger. "May we talk by ourselves?"

His gaze flickered to Emmett and Bruce.

"Ugh!" Emmett groans. "You've got to be kidding me bro. This is the last day I'm gonna be able to hang out with my best friend. So if you don't mind, I'd like some alone time with her."

'Looks like it's someone's time of the month,' Bruce mumbled as Vincent glared holes into Emmett.

Emmett being the idiot he is, wrapped an arm around my waist and kissed my cheek, the whole time keeping his eyes on Vincent. I swear this guy really wants to die!

"Emmett," I said in warning, elbowing him, "we'll hang out this afternoon. I promise."

"Fine, whatevz," he huffed, getting up and walking out, but not before yelling, "Thanks for last night, babe, keep the shirt, you look sexy wearing what's mine!"

"Jackass!" I felt like strangling the damn punk. I bet on anything he's cracking up at the mess he just made. Emmett made it sound like I was doing something dirty with him.

Vincent pointed at Bruce. "And what the hell is that – thing?"

Both Bruce and I growled at the same time. Why is that, whenever someone sees him, they're always so rude? I mean, he's just a wolf the size of a horse! No biggie! Oh wait . . . .

'I'll show him what type of things I can do,' Bruce snarled, bringing me out of my thoughts. 'Only ends with blood, regardless.'

I immediately cupped Bruce's big furry cheek and made eye contact with him. His body visibly relaxed.

Turning back to Vincent, clenched jaw, I stood up and walked past him to the bathroom with Bruce hot on my tail. As I passed Vincent I caught a quick whiff of a woman's perfume on him. Shaking my head, I continued on my way.

My bathroom was huge compared to the one I had at my old home. The walls are covered with a vanilla color while there was a huge shower and next to it was a tub; both are wider than a queen sized bed. Two sinks lay on a white counter, and a mirror was taking up most of the wall right above it. All in all, this bathroom was bigger than a normal sized living room.

Taking off the little clothing I had on – which consisted of Emmett's shirt and my undies – I eagerly jumped into the shower and turn on the hot water. I put on my strawberry shampoo and when I was finished I rinsed it out and, grabbing my conditioner, copied my actions from before.