Thoughts in a Paint Tube-Chapter 32-

Dream's POV

I quickly opened a portal and hopped through right after I shot Nightmare. I didn't expect it to be powerful enough to take him down in a instant, but what did I expect? The arrow is like poison to him. The longer it stays in, the more he will be effected by it. On the other side though, I managed to fill the basket with leaves.

I sat in the kitchen, staring at the basket, wondering as what I will do with them this time. I decided not to make any more tea, but to instead eat them. I picked up a single leaf. It was slimy and wet and made me gag. I brought it up to my mouth where I got a good whiff of the smell. I pulled back, instantly gaging at the horrendous smell. Why was I doing this? Did I really have to consume more? I took a deep breath and held it. Swiftly, I stashed the leaf into my mouth. It was more disgusting than the tea I made with them and I swear I vomited in my mouth, but I forced myself to swallow it. In all honesty, my own barf tasted better than the stupid leaves. I picked up another and repeated the process until I've at least eaten five before getting up and getting some water. This was going to take awhile.

Ink's POV

I was cleaning Nightmare's bones with a warm damp towel to see if the goop was melting or if he really was melting away like a candle. I pulled the towel away to reveal that the goop was just melting off. Underneath that goop was pearly white bones that he had when we first met. "Good news, you're not dying, you're just returning to your original form", I told Nightmare. The others were gathered around us. They didn't say a word but left and gone on with their lives knowing he was okay.

"God dammit", Nightmare mumbled. I gently laid his head in my lap and petted his forehead.

"You're going to be okay. I'm right here", he only looked at me and closed his eye. I could see the other eye becoming visible again. Regardless, I helped him back to his bedroom, where he would be more comfortable. Upon leaving the couch, I noticed Nightmare was missing a tentacle. I peered behind me and saw it laying there. I guess the other two will eventually fall off as well.

Once I got Nightmare to lay down on the bed, I sat down by the balcony window and pulled out my sketch book. I didn't know what I wanted to draw, but I was bored and didn't have anything to do. I looked outside to see it was raining, then I looked back down. I picked up my pen started to make random doodles. I decided to draw from memory. I drew the old tree Nightmare use to sit at all the time, I even drew Nightmare sitting by it. This lead to different doodles of Nightmare. Eventually I got bored and stopped drawing.

After sitting on the floor for awhile, I stood up. I gone over to Nightmare to find him asleep and spread out over the bed. I started at him for a moment before getting a damp towel to see if I could wipe any more goop from him. When I came back, I crawled onto the bed and started to wipe his face, revealing his other eye. Of course he just had to wake up before I moved on. "Ink what are you doing?" he asked, his voice was croaky.

"Cleaning the goop from you. This way there won't be such a big mess to deal with when I all comes off", I replied. I handed him a mirror, in which he took it. He looked at himself and touched his face. The eye that was hidden what a nice lavender colour while the other kept its bright teal colour.
"I think there are a couple possible outcomes that could possibly happen", I said while looking at him.

"What do you mean?", he asked, visibly confused.

"What I mean by outcomes is the way you will turn out afterwards. You might be back to how you were completely with little to non changes or you might still have some goop left on you, just in minor areas like the lower parts of your legs or even in and around your chest", I replied to the best of my abilities. Nightmare only nodded.

After while of him thinking, he finally spoke, "If I were to go back completely, there will be a difference since everything can't be undone. My eye will stay teal is for sure one. I might have goop left in my chest since I ate the negativity apple which replaced my soul, so that would make sense. However, what would the chances be if my last two tentacles stayed? I know it's a low chance, but if they were to stay, they would be weak and I would have little control to move them, I would end up dragging them around", Nightmare was worried about the outcome, but I assured him it will be all fine.

Once he fell asleep again I left to the doodle sphere and checked up on the AUs. Dream is still at the base, which is a relief. I skip through the AUs only to see that everything is okay. I took a step back and pulled out a canvas and some paints. Again, I wanted to make an artwork sort of based on what Nightmare said about him having two tentacles. Although the finished products wasn't the same as the possible outcomes, I just wanted to see what his purple self would look like with the description given. I painted for hours before I decided I was done. I looked around to see what time it was, then I remembered, the doodle sphere doesn't have a clock. I slapped my forehead and went back to Nightmare so I could sleep some.

 I slapped my forehead and went back to Nightmare so I could sleep some

[Do not repost my art on any media or trace/steal, thank you]

(A/N: The drawing I made was ment to be the one Ink painted, if you couldn't tell. Anyways, have a good night/day. Edit, may or may not had to edit this when I noticed I labeled the chapter as 31 and 32.)