Chapter 28

AYANNA'S POV:

I am sitting on my couch with Bryson holding my hand and sitting beside me; watching Supernatural, when all of a sudden my front door opens.

    I look at Bryson with raised eyebrows and he shrugs at me.

"Maybe it's a murder..." He jokes and i scowl at him.

  "Who just came into my house?" I yell and i hear someone walking towards the living room.

"Bill Nye the Science Guy," Max shouts back and plops down between Bryson and me. I shake my head and move over a little to give him some more room.

  "You know, it's called a doorbell," Bryson suggests and Max scowls at him.

"Don't sass me, Bryson, i am not in the mood,"

    "Are you ever in the mood for it?" Bryson asks with raised eyebrows and i roll my eyes. Men... I'll just never understand them.

"Guys! Enough... Max, tell me why you came over," I say and Max heaves a sigh, but Bryson just looks amused.

  "Maggie won't talk to me," Max complains and Bryson looks shocked at the new information.

"Why isn't she talking to you?" Bryson asks in confusion.

 "Because we got into a fight the other day," Max explains.

"Over what?"

   "That's the thing, i have no idea. I must have said something that pissed her off because she refuses to talk to me," Max replies.

"Huh, she didn't even tell me you guys got into a fight," Bryson says slowly.

   "I'll attempt to talk to her," I cut in and Max looks so relieved that i feel sorry for the guy.

I grab my phone from off the coffee table and head up to my room and call Maggie.

  "Yes?" Maggie answers.

"Hey, it's Aya," I say and Maggie sighs.

   "I figured he would tell you to call me," she replies.

"Who?" I ask innocently and i can almost see Maggie rolling her eyes at me.

    "You know exactly who,"

"Um, no i don't think so," I respond.

  "Aya... Don't lie to me, Max told you to call me because i'm not talking to him"

   "Ok fine, so why aren't you talking to him because he has no idea what he did wrong," I answer.

 "Well, we were both at my house a few days ago and we were sitting on the couch talking like normal and then he said it,"

   "said what?" I ask.

"He said he loved me," she answers and i stare at the floor in confusion.

   "And you are angry about this because?" I ask and Maggie lets out a huge sigh as if to say that i have greatly dissapointed her in not knowing that answer.

"Because i wanted to be the first one to say it AND because there was no romance about it! He just sort of blurted it out," Maggie explains and i hold back my laughter.

    "Oh. Well, sure i guess that makes sense, but that's not really a good reason to get angry about it," I respond.

"Ayanna Jones! If Bryson just blurted out that he loved you and then looked like he wanted to throw up or take back what he just said, you can't tell me that you wouldn't be upset," Maggie says and i bite my lip. Yeah, i guess that really is true. I would be upset too, not to her extent though, but whatever.