Chapter 12 - Pilot || Part 12

Elizabeth had woken up early that day, deciding that she had to go home at some point. Elizabeth decided early on that she didn't want to talk to Rose or Ward-- instead, she would go along pretending as if nothing had happened. Would it work? Probably not. But Elizabeth didn't feel like being yelled at by her temporary newfound parental figures.

Elizabeth couldn't help but chuckle with embarrassment as she looked at the position that she had gotten herself into. The girl had been sleeping with JJ throughout the night, her head on his chest with one leg over his. As she attempted to untangle herself, the boy was shaken awake.

"I was comfy," JJ mumbled, groaning as she removed her body from his.

"I have to go home," explained Elizabeth. The girl grabbed her belongings and began to walk towards the door.

"Lizzy," JJ called out. "Can you take me home?"

Elizabeth laughed, "What do I look like, a pogue taxi?" JJ raised his head from the couch, eyeing her wanly. She groaned, "Fine," causing the boy to sardonically smile at her before reluctantly getting up slowly. He slipped on his shoes and opened the door, motioning for Elizabeth to walk through first. The two boarded Elizabeth's boat and took off.

"It's right by the gas docks," Mentioned JJ. Elizabeth nodded, turning towards the direction of the Cameron household. The ride was quiet, as JJ was almost falling asleep during it. There was nothing more peaceful than the sound of the waves and the motor of a small boat. The boy pointed to a house not too far from John B's, indicating that it was his. The girl pulled up to his dock, holding on to let him jump off the boat.

"I'll see you later," the girl said.

"Do you have to?" JJ asked the girl.

"Kiara invited me." Elizabeth's mouth hung agape, "I give you a ride and this is how you treat me?"

JJ nodded, "Yeah, yeah, yeah. Thank you for the ride and for spending your precious gas money on me." He pulled the boat closer to the dock. "Can I go now?"

"Please do," said the girl. "I liked you better when you were asleep."

JJ pulled himself onto the dock from the boat, "Likewise."

Elizabeth pushed off the dock, mentally preparing herself for the next storm that was going to come-- the Cameron household. The girl pulled up, scoffing as she saw how clean it looked compared to the day of the storm. The lights were on, meaning the kook generators were working. The girl tied up her boat and walked in the back door, where she was met by a figure in the kitchen.

"Welcome back, pogue," mocked Rafe. Sarah Cameron's brother, Rafe Cameron, was the spawn of satan himself to most people who lived in the area. He was supposed to be in college, but he couldn't hack the lifestyle and was back at the Outer Banks for god knows how long. Elizabeth wasn't dumb-- she knew that as soon as she identified with the pogues that he would drop her. This complete attitude change illustrated that any former feelings he may have had for the girl had faded away. Rafe felt betrayed by the girl who seemed to choose everyone besides him.

"Rafe, you always know how to make me feel welcome," Elizabeth deadpanned. She refused to let Rafe Cameron of all people make a mockery of her. "You coked up yet today or is it too early?"

"Someone told your parents and mine about those kids you have been hanging out with. Bad choice," stated Rafe, practically laughing in the girl's face.

"What is up with you people and thinking Kie and her friends are the bad people in every situation?" Elizabeth asked. "They're not the ones doing drugs and starting fights. Plus, did I not just see you going into Barry's the other day? You're hanging out with the same people, it seems."