Chapter 34 - The Heist || Part 2

Elizabeth had been couch surfing ever since John B became the prime suspect in the Peterkin murder. If she was lucky, she could occasionally sneak into the chateau for a night. But on other nights she could see the police lights returning at the house, making sure that John B wasn't lurking around anywhere. As the pogues knew more than the cops that John B and Sarah were still very much alive.

"Where am I heading?" Kiara asked as she started the car. Her hands were still shaking as she gripped the steering wheel.

Elizabeth spoke up, "The cops don't normally come to John B's on Fridays. We could all crash there?"

"Works for me," JJ stated.

Pope stared down at her hands, "Kie, do you want me to drive?"

Kiara shook her head, "No, no. I'm all set. The chateau it is." They drove back in silence, the four of them unsure what to say.

When they got inside John B's home, the four of them stood around in the kitchen. Their bond was so strong, nobody wanted to leave each other alone for the night.

"So what's the plan for tomorrow?" Elizabeth asked as they began to separate.

"We head to the drains," Pope explained.

"Guns gotta be there," furthered JJ.

"What if, what if Rafe or Ward beats us to it?" Elizabeth stuttered as she replayed the image of the man being shot in her head.

"I can't imagine Ward or Rafe going through the trash or the sewers," Kiara scoffed.

"They could pay someone to do it," stated Elizabeth.

"Lizzy," JJ spoke calmly. "Nobody is going to get the gun before tomorrow morning. We'll be fine, alright?"

Elizabeth reluctantly nodded. She had a bad feeling about the whole thing, but didn't want to push it as Kiara had been still on edge and Pope and JJ were still upset with each other about losing the film.

"Bright and early tomorrow, guys." Pope muttered as he led Kiara into a room. Elizabeth turned away from them as JJ motioned her over to the room they frequently occupied.

JJ grabbed the phone charger nearest to him, "How does this place still have power, anyways?"

Lizzy sighed, "I've been paying whatever bills we have gotten since I started living here. Figured I owed John B or something."

JJ nodded, "I'm sure he'd appreciate that." JJ slid into the bed, Elizabeth mimicking his actions as they laid down, facing each other.

"Yeah," Elizabeth confirmed. "Living here isn't the same without him. Especially with the cops constantly showing up. Gary comes around a lot."

JJ snickered, "Of course he does. The man has nothing better to do." In a strange way, the two owed a lot to Gary. Despite being a power abusing fool, Gary chasing Elizabeth towards the pogues had made both JJ and Elizabeth's lives more interesting, more whole.

The silence in the room was ended by Elizabeth, "I can't help but feel bad for Gavin. I mean if I never got us his address and number, he'd probably still be alive."

"Don't think like that," said JJ. "Gavin was going to use that leverage eventually. Ward Cameron always gets what he wants."

"And don't you forget it," Elizabeth almost laughed at how ridiculous it was. One man had complete control over the island, its people, and its police. None of that made sense. The girl sighed, shifting uncomfortably on the opposite side of the bed where she normally slept.

"Do you want to switch sides?" JJ asked as the girl shifted around.

"What?" The girl almost laughed at their sudden change in conversation.