Chapter 46 : Trapped || Part 1

The cross fell right towards the pogues, crashing to the floor. They all scattered, watching in horror as it almost hit them.

"Holy shit," Elizabeth breathed. "We almost saw a Pope Kebab. You good?" She rushed to his side amongst the other pogues.

"Yeah, I'm good. Just give me, like, one second to, like, catch my breath," said the boy, breathing heavily.

"You did it, Pope," said John B. They all stood around with smiles on their faces as each of them stepped closer to the cross and examined it. It was quite possibly one of the most detailed works of art that any of them would ever see.

"How much do you think she's worth? Like, if we melted her old bones down, dude, I'm talking like high billions," JJ ranted.

"This belongs in a museum," John B stated.

"What? So no one sees her?" Asked JJ.

"In a museum where everyone sees it," John B argued back.

Pope spoke up, "Hey! It's my ancestors' cross! This is bigger than money, and the world's gotta know the truth."

"Yes. If we don't get this shit outta here before Limbrey gets here, nobody's gonna know. So saddle up," John B instructed. The pogues all got to their feet and grabbed an area of the cross in an attempt to pick it up. They all struggled to lift it even an inch off of the ground.

"Who's... who's not lifting right now?" JJ complained as they all attempted to move with the cross. They had never held something so heavy in their lives. Suddenly Pope began to labor, dropping the cross onto the ground.

"You almost dropped it on my foot!" JJ claimed as he stepped backwards.

"'Cause I'm the only one lifting it!" Sarah claimed. As they all began to hypothesize a way to move the cross out of here, Elizabeth noticed Pope laying on the ground in pain. She rushed over, grabbing the boy's hand.

"Pope?" She asked. "You okay?"

"I'm not okay. I'm not okay," he said, holding onto his hand and rocking back and forth.

The rest of the pogues rushed over, "Your eye, it looks all puffy."

"Fuck," Elizabeth said as she noticed him begin to wheeze. "I think he's allergic to wasps." Before anyone could say anything else they watched as Pope's eyes rolled back and he began to slip down the stairs he was resting on. They all grabbed onto him, supporting his head so that he didn't further injure himself. John B lifted the boy over his shoulders and him and Kiara walked Pope back towards the car. JJ and Elizabeth worked together to cover the cross with whatever they could find.

"We'll come back!" Kie yelled out.

"How the hell do we hide this?" Elizabeth asked as she grabbed some fallen wood and the mats that they had used to catch Pope.

"I don't know," JJ said as he panicked. As they heard Kiara yelling for them, they knew they just had to leave it as it was. Pope was thrown into the back of the car, Kiara yelling for them to keep his legs elevated.

"Pope, what do you need, buddy?" JJ asked his friend. Pope motioned to his arm, acting as if he was getting a shot at the doctors office.

"A shot? Okay. I know where to go! Give me the keys!" JJ yelled. Recognizing that they were in the ignition, they all jumped into the car and began rushing away from the church.

"Where are you taking him?" Elizabeth asked JJ from the passenger seat.

"You're gonna meet cousin Ricky," was all the boy said as he gripped the steering wheel.