Chapter 16 - The Forbidden Zone || Part 2

"You guys see that?" said JJ. "That's the Malibu 24-MXZ, the world's finest wakesetter. Number one in luxury, quality, and performance. 200K, easy." Elizabeth glanced upwards from her book to see the boat coming towards them. The HMS Pogue was no competition.

"We picked the wrong parents," said Pope.

"Pope, I'd pick your father over the likes of Ward Cameron anyday," said Elizabeth.

"I'm just lucky the old man hasn't tried to trade me for you," acknowledged Pope.

"I hate to break it to you guys, but that's Topper and his girlfriend," said Kie. They all looked over as Topper held his hand around Sarah's waist, the two of them staring straight ahead.

"You don't have to act like you don't see us, bitch," yelled Kiara. Elizabeth stood next to Kiara, throwing up the middle finger towards Topper and Sarah. The pogues watched as Topper and Sarah drove by on Topper's fancy new boat, the two not even glancing towards them.

"Of course Topper got a new boat and of course they're acting like we don't exist," Elizabeth laid back in her seat.

"I thought you guys were friends?" JJ asked Elizabeth.

"I guess not," huffed Elizabeth. "An enemy of Kiara's is an enemy of mine-- life is safer that way. Plus, you all heard what she had to say about our friendship at the kegger."

"Yeah, she had to sink her claws into your brother somehow," Kiara joked. "Of course she used you and dumped you the second things get hard-- it's what she does."

Elizabeth huffed, "They're perfect for each other." She watched as John B pulled the boat up to an empty dock spot. "Why are we here again?" The crew was outside of a hotel restaurant that JJ had recently begun bussing at.

"Internet," said Pope. "We don't have it. They do."

"All right, keep a look out. We're behind enemy lines," said JJ, pulling the gun from his bag.

"Yo, come on, man. Just put it back," demanded John B.

"You can never be too careful," said JJ.

"Hey, I predict that bringing a weapon to a four-star hotel will likely cause more problems than they solve," the voice of reason, AKA Pope, explained. John B and Elizabeth agreed.

"JJ, gun in bag, now" said Elizabeth, pointing her hand towards the bag.

JJ groaned dramatically, arching his neck back as he stared at the sky and rolled his eyes. "Yes, Lizzy. Whatever you say, princess," JJ stated with an annoyed tone. "Can't forget my badge. Professional busboy," said JJ, bringing the crew towards his place of work.

"So, where are we going now?" asked Pope.

"We're getting on the internet because only rich people have electricity right now," explained JJ. JJ walked the rest of the pogues through the kitchen, saying hello to all of his coworkers.

"Sweet Lord, the internet!" Pope said excitedly running towards the row of computers.

"Let me get in there. Gotta check out my Insta models," said JJ, earning a glare from Elizabeth.

John B pulled out the map, reading off the coordinates to Pope, which were 34° 57' 30 " north. 75° 55' 42" west.

"Boom, continental shelf right there," said John B.

"Well, if it's off the deep end, it's not gonna be much of a treasure hunt, is it?" explained Pope.

"Shit, it's on the high side. It's only 900 feet," said JB.