Chapter 22: Silent Confession

Aika's POV

It's been a while now since I started to join in the training of Rengoku's. I've been having a sparring with Rengoku which I really like, spending time with him is more than enough for me.

*CLACK! CLASH!

My fan is been deflected with his fast counter attack "you win again, that was amazing" I said while grabbing the hand he offered me to help me stand. "Yeah but I only can do it now because I got used to your way of fighting, remember at first  you caught me of guard" Kyojuro said scratching the back of his head.

"Nee-chan, Nii-san, You two was really amazing" Senjuro said approaching the two of us Shinjiro-san behind him" I can clearly see why you two are a Hashira" Shinjiro-san said.

I notice that Kyojuro hand is still holding mine. This make my heart to flatter 'did he not notice rht he still holding my hand? ' looking at Kyojuro he then look at me with a question look "Aika? " "umm, Kyojuro...my hand" I said and look down to see that his hand  with mine.

He suddenly let go of my hand and look at the other side. 'Is he embarrassed?' "Ehem!" We both look at Shinjiro-san who is looking at the two of us. "You two can take a break" Shinjiro-san said.
.
.
The two of us is taking our break, sipping a tea that I made, and sitting  at the edge of the porch.
Looking at Shinjiro-san training Senjuro and swinging his wooden swords "Senjuro is improving alot" I said still looking at them. "He is! and I'm very proud of him" Kyojuro said making me to look at him.

Like always, he wears a cheerful smile looking proudly to his little brother. He really is an admirable, kind,and courageous person. I can't believe that he is the man that I used to look at my poster. I lift my hand and it slowly approach his face and the moment it touches his.

He turn his face and my eyes lock to his fiery eyes. My heart started to beat like crazy I really want to say to him that 'I LOVE YOU!!' and that is I'll do everything to protect you 'I'll definitely save you when that time comes'.

Kyojuro's POV

"Senjuro is improving alot" I look at her and she staring at my brother's training "He is! and I'm very proud of him" I proudly said even though our father left us in our training, just like me he never stop training and that is very commendable.

I suddenly feel something touch my face and when I turn my head I see Aika staring at me. My heart starting to beat fast. Ever since I saw her, she's always been on my head and feel something that I never feel before. When I have the time to finally know her. This feelings that I have on her just keep on growing. When the time comes I want to say that 'I LOVE YOU!'

3rd Person's POV

Shinjiro is watching and guiding Senjuro in his swordsmanship. "Father, do you think I ~" Senjuro stop what he was about to ask his father when he notice that he is not paying anymore attention to him. He then look at what his father is looking at

He saw his brother and Aika looking at each other while she was holding on his brother's face. "Father, those two~" "Yes, son I just don't  know why your big brother hasn't told her yet. I hope he tell her as soon before its  too late"

"Let's leave those two and continue your training!" "Yes! Father!" The two then leave Aika and Kyojuro alone.

"Aika?" Kyojuro said snapping Aika from her thought "I'm sorry" Aika said removing her hand from Kyojuro's face "No it's alright, I never said that it bothers me, you can touch my face whenever you like it" Kyojuro said giving an affectionate smile looking straight at Aika.

This put Aika on edge making her heart to beat faster than before. She then looks away to hide her red and blushing face. "Aika, did I say something wrong" he said leaning against Aika to look at her face.

'Oh my gosh! This man is too much. I can't. I need to change the topic' Aika thought looking back. Her eyes widen when she saw that her face is inches away from Kyojuro. The two of them seems to be both startled shock at the position they're into.

The two immediately move away to each other. And the two surrounds with an akward silence. Aika decided to break the silence. "Umm... Kyojuro. You have...a problem in hearing right? " Aika said looking back at Kyojuro.

"Yes, I have but this injuries is done by myself. I need to do it to prevent myself from falling to a demon's blood art" Kyojuro said looking back at Aika. Aika then grab something to her bag.

Aika then hand over a wooden box to Kyojuro. "Here, I kinda notice in our first meeting your unnatural load voice, like you don't know that your voice is loud, so it means that you are having a hard time hearing yourself and I know that you don't want me to say thank you for saving my life back then but I still want to give you something so I figure that this will be perfect for you"

Kyojiro open the box and see a pair of unfamiliar looking thing. "Umm. I'm grateful that you given me a gift but May I know what is this?" Kyojuro said looking at the gift Aika gave to him. 'Oh yeah, it his first time seeing this kind of thing' "it's called hearing aid. Just like the name said it helps to improve one's hearing sense"

Kyojuro shock at what he hear and looks at Aika "Are you sure that this thing can cure my hearing?". "Well it's not going to heal your hearing but as long as you wear this, your hearing will certainly improve".

"Let me put it in you" Aika said taking the hearing aid from the box. She lean towards Kyojuro and slowly brushing the hair that covering his ear. Kyojuro on the other hand was just focus on Aika. Staring at her intently. 'She's so beautiful and kind... I want her to be mine'

"Done!!" Aika said. She finished putting the hearing aid "what do you think!?" Aika ask Kyojuro. He then touch his ears "Aika?" He said and moment later he's eyes widen clearly shock at changes of his hearing "I... I can't believe it... I never think that I got to hear this clearly for all those years"he said. He looks at Aika and pull her into a hug. Aika was startled at Kyojuro's sudden action.

Butterfly State

Kanae and Shinobu is busy attending to the injured demon slayer when Shinobu notice the box contains a syringe. "Nee-chan... Is Aika-san stop by this morning" Shinobu ask her sister. "Yes,  she said that she's going to take her set of painkiller this morning" "then nee-chan what is this?" Shinobu said showing to her sister the box of syringes containg the pain killer.

The two of then look at each other in horror. "Shinobu you know what you need to do, you're faster than me bring that to her, she is currently in the Rengoku's state. " Shinobu then immediately leave their state.
.
.
.
.

***************

Thanks for reading the Chapter 22 ::>_<::
Don't forget to vote or comments! #^_^#
Stay Safe and Take Care Everyone. *^▁^*