27| kev is beautiful

BLAKELY:

Exams had started and today was the third paper and I was glad that even though I was distracted with other things I did well on my papers, uptil now. What I was tensed with was the torturous subject, Chemistry and we had the paper after the weekend. I was walking out of the class when a hand clasped around my wrist and turned me around. The hand around my wrist was unfamiliar and the hold made me uncomfortable though the person I saw was familiar. 

“Hey,” Owen greeted me. A grin spread on his face. 

“Hi,” I tried to smile like the time when my heart fluttered seeing him but right now I only cared about his hand on my wrist. I wanted him to leave my hand. 

“How’d it go? The exam,” He pulled me to a corner along with him. I wriggled in his hold, gently taking my wrist out. 

“Oh it went good,” I replied searching for the familiar blob of brown hair. I didn’t see him but I saw Maya. “How about yours?”

“Great,” He replied and I gave him a small smile. “Blakely, you don’t seem as enthusiastic as you used to be,” 

Did he notice? I am not very good at hiding my expressions. “Exam stress,” I croaked out with an awkward laugh. 

“The stress really got your whole sparkle turn off,” His fingers brushed over my cheek and I stepped back in surprise. My heart din’t flutter at that but the heart beat picked up. “I’m sorry,”

He laughed seeing the horror on my face and I frowned. “Owen I’ll see you later. I gotta go,” I waved at him in hurry walking towards Maya. 

I heard him saying something but I was too focused on the thoughts that went in my mind. Why’d I react like this? Why I was the one taking back steps after all this was what I wanted, right? I wanted Owen to notice me. I wanted Owen to like me back the same way I did. Then why am I the one hating all of his things he did? 

“Girl, what’s wrong?” Maya had taken notice of the thoughts that were clearly laid out on my face. I didn’t know exactly how I looked at the moment but whatever expressions were there on my face were not good. I noted that Kev and Daris were also looking at me. 

I quickly shook my head forcing a smile telling them that I was fine but I knew that none of them bought the lie. I was a terrible liar, I knew it. They didn’t press on it and I was thankful. I needed some time to think about it myself. 

My emotions and thoughts were everywhere and I hated that it ws during the exams. My thoughts and emotions should take lessons from Voldemort. At least that guy didn’t show up till Harry’s exams. Such a considerate villain!

Back home I kept thinking about today’s incident during the time I was supposed to take a nap and relax. I already had an asnwer in my mind but my heat refused to accept. Acceptance is hard when your mind and heart are at a battle of differences. 

I lay down on my bed trying to sleep for a while but I couldn’t. It shouldn’t have happened before Chemistry’s paper. I was staring at my roof when my alarm beeped. Alarm I was supposed to wake up on. I turned it off sitting up on the bed. 

I had to be at Kev’s for the preparation of the monstrous paper ahead of me but when I reached at his home I found he wasn’t there. Kev had went to the library so he couldn’t laze around at home. I started waling towards the library without giving it a further thought. I shivered from the wind that hit me and only then I saw my attire. The weather was cold and I was wearing a penguin themed pajama and my extra long polka dot shirt. I hadn’t bothered to change or even throw a hoodie over me because I had to study in the warmth of Kev’s home and I had no plan to walk for 15 minutes to the library. The only thing I grabbed before exiting my home was my scarf and wrapping it around myself didn't provide much warmth.